Coleman Dual Fuel Lamp/Stove

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Road Fiddler said:
I am not having a go at anyone for there kit selection but just trying to highlight the fact through wise kit selection you can have good reliable light good quality equipment. My stove and cookware is expensive compared to a trangia but cheap compared to a multi fuel stove, the tent costs £200 which is very reasonable for its size compared to some 1 and 2 man lightweight tents on the market and the sleeping bag is about £80 so not overly expensive. Kit only becomes expensive when you by lots of different types to try and by the best that suits you.

If you have a trangia or other stove that you are happy with stick with it as they are good to a certain degree.

Ok, so my Nissan Micra is unsuitable for F1 racing but I wouldn't go to great lengths pointing out its limitations in that field when all I want it to do is convey me at an adequate speed to work, a job that it is eminently suitable for.

The Trangia is perfectly suited to cycle camping, weight and bulk is rarely when cycle camping an issue unless one is a weight weenie. Never had problems lighting it though I don't wilderness cycle in -20 degrees where the low vapour pressure of the fuel might be a problem.

Yes, there are alternatives but I doubt that there are many low temperature, weight weenieing, food bolting, failed pyromaniac cyclists for whom a Trangia is a definite non starter - present company excepted of course :ohmy:

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
domd1979 said:
The Coleman F1 Lite gas lantern only weighs 88g (excluding gas canister obviously).

I'm not convinced by cheapo head torches.... You do get what you pay for with Petzl - they're decent bits of kit, and last well. I've got a Petzl Myo XP, which is really good, and I doubt cheaper rivals would be as good on the brightness front.

I don't want to have to wear shades to be able to read in my tent so I'll stick with my Gelert Petzl clone :ohmy:

Road Fiddler

LOL i am not a weight weenie as you put it, i cant be arsed with all that. I am surprised you are not concerned about the weight of your kit though, the more it way the more energy it takes to shift it.

I have said trangias are good but there are other options that some might find better.

As for failed pyromaniac... that made me laugh the most!

As for head torches they are the best. But lanterns have there uses, one being it can help warm your tent as the OP inquired about. Although for me a lantern would not be part of my touring kit.

Top Bottom