England : Lancashire ColinJ's 103 km or 107 mile 'Back from the Dead' forum ride Sat 29/03/14

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arthur

Comfortably numb and increasingly fixed.
I was reading some long range forecasts just yesterday, and while I know they can't always predict what it'll be doing tomorrow, I'm seriously hoping that they're way wrong on THIS one

I wouldn't worry - I've never known the Express forecasts to be anything BUT completely wrong.

Shock, horror ... newspaper predicts extreme weather!
I wouldn't worry - I've never known the Express forecasts to be anything BUT completely wrong.
I should add that the Express link was just the first one I found but that this is being reported by many sources ATM.

I certainly don't take it as gospel, I don't even believe Tomasz Schafernaker on Countryfile for the week ahead :smile:

However I do feel like we got away with it last year, (rain aside), and as such it wouldn't surprise me if we do have a bad 'un :sad:

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I don't mind some snow in Jan or Feb, but the end of Mar is getting a bit late in the year!

I did the Spring Into The Dales audax in April once when there was still snow on the tops of the bigger hills. I am hoping to get really fit next year and that will be much easier if the weather cooperates. If it does not, I would have to spend an awful lot of time on the gym bike.

In 2012 it snowed on the way back into HB.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I didn't mean to take away from anybody affected by the floods. We got off very lightly TBH so I hadn't considered the flooding impact fully, my bad and also my final words about any weather, back under my stone I go ;)
:thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
I didn't mean to take away from anybody affected by the floods. We got off very lightly TBH so I hadn't considered the flooding impact fully, my bad and also my final words about any weather, back under my stone I go ;)
Don't be apologising smokey, we get rain all year round so deserved to 'get away with it' for a change :tongue:

Anyway we could always make it a 'studded tyre ride up the Trough' :thumbsup:

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
In 2012 it snowed on the way back into HB.
2012 - let me think ... :whistle:

Er, that was the one where I had to swap to my Cannondale because the chain was slipping on my Basso. I developed agonising leg pains as we came into Keighley.

Funny - I remember that year being very nippy at the start but sunny later on. I don't remember any snow.

Er, that was the one where I had to swap to my Cannondale because the chain was slipping on my Basso. I developed agonising leg pains as we came into Keighley.

Funny - I remember that year being very nippy at the start but sunny later on. I don't remember any snow.
I was in Scotland in May that year and there was enough snow on the cairngorms for people to go out ski-ing....
Also it was a very bad winter across eastern Europe and throughout Turkey...
But during my rehab back in the UK (from March onwards) around here the weather was quite reasonable - I certainly didn't have any issues getting around on crutches...

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

It was cold then as we left bolton abbey it rained then me & potsy went on ahead as we came out of Keighley and as we came down into HB it was rain/hail/snow probably more hail than snow but not what you want at that time of year.

Here is a picture taken in April 2013 under the snow is the road I was trying to cycle on.

SP_A0020_zps2ba23d16.jpg

Top Bottom