Colombia rescue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can we discuss this here?

Yes, I THINK so - I've no idea why it was posted in The Other Place! Perhaps to help dilute the general grim-ness!

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
An amazing story indeed.

I bet they are clamouring for the film rights as we speak.

(Had it happened here in the UK, ITV would have a 4-part drama about it already, with the usual ex-corrie suspects in key roles)

I hope they find the dog too.

"The Colombian military tweeted drawings the children had painted, one of which shows a sniffer dog known as Wilson.

Wilson, who lost contact with his handlers, is thought to have tracked the children down and spent some time with them in the jungle but is now unaccounted for."

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Can we discuss this here?
It isn’t political, it’s just a fantastic story of survival.
How did a 13 year old girl keep her brothers alive in the jungle for a month when they were just 9, 5 and 1 year old? That is some amazing determination.
It’s absolutely heart breaking that their mum survived for 4 days after the crash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-65874377

It’ll be very tough on those kids for years to come. They’ll have all sorts of conflicting emotions and will need a lot of love and continued support. I hope they aren’t hounded by the press (naive, I know) or by others looking to exploit their story for gain.

Can you imagine the struggle of dealing with leaving your mother to die, and then you and your siblings are rescued? It’s heartbreaking.

Top Bottom