Donating monthly to a badger welfare/rescue charity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
We had a pack of Badger Hounds who came here in mid 1970's. They lived in a converted van along with accommodation for the human species.
They went to the local garage to get diesel and the owner spoke in a friendly fashion and asked about fuel consumption.
20mpg they said so garage owner replied " I will sell you one gallon then and that should get you to the ferry terminal "
They never came back for some unknown reason. :angry:

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
If the money goes direct to the badgers can we be sure they'd spent it wisely?

No, the wasteful buggers would spend it in Shell service stations!
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/woman-badgered-by-badger-at-petrol-station/ar-AA17HSJY

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
Anyway, they're disgraceful creatures. Last June, this one-eyed old brock noticed the red lights on the trailcam in my garden and flashed his impressive genitalia at it!
IMG_0033_TrimB_Moment.jpg

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Trade the car for an electric trike or bike so one badger might not get pointlessly killed just going about its business would be an excellent gesture of solidarity.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
We have a visiting badger in out garden. He's walked straight past us once when we were sat outside having a beer one summer evening. He is very partial to tulip bulbs - though quite an expense to provide them continually ! A neighbour had had his back garden laid with turf and the next morning discovered Mr Badger and lifted and rolled up two thirds of his lawn. Whilst it must have been annoying it was funny. We are not out in the 'burbs, but right in the middle of Bristol, maybe 100 yards from the harbour or "the Triangle" if anyone knows the city. Another neighbour asked advice on blocking up the badger hole in her fence - I commented that the badger is coming through one way or another so the best bet is to keep a clear route else there'll just be another hole bashed or dug

Don't think I can post videos from the badger cam, but my favourite one features half a dozen cats looking on anxiously as the badger crosses the garden ignoring them. We've seem them near a local pub too, so there's a fair few in Bristol even if they're more shy than the ubiquitous urban foxes

Top Bottom