Colonoscopy. Oh joy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Ok, all clean and clear, bar diverticulosis appropriate to my age. Good to know that the quit test was a false positive. But doesn't answer the question of the ongoing serious constipation, six months now. A bit fed up with that. May actually consider @Reynard and Worf's prune juice...

I second the use of prune juice. You need at least 20 prunes and just liquify them with some water then drink.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Pre covid there was a plan to offer all over 55's a colonoscopy, not sure if this is still in place?

Mrs SD and three friends did have it at age 55.

It did happen but AFAIK it is now being evaluated as to whether or not it will have enough benefit to become an NHS standard test at 55.

According to our GP.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
With all this talk of colonoscopies and preparation therefore, the way the threads fall on CycleChat sometimes sugges an answer...
1687899822483.png

ianbarton

Veteran
If you can taste it you're not drinking it fast enough. :laugh:

Contrary to appearances though, Moviprep is not something to drink before you go to the cinema.

They do Moviprep in several different tastes. I am due to have my sixth (?) colonoscopy as a three-year follow-up after being discharged five years after my initial diagnosis in 2016. The worst part used to be enduring Jeremy Kyle on the TV in the waiting room. At least he has gone from TV for good.

Top Bottom