Colour Fault Television

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The (Samsung) in our front parlour has decided to go loopy
(it's about 8 - 10 years old, I think)

I'm not sure how old it is, but last night, SWMBO wanted to watch Netflix, & the colours went AWOL

I tried the factory reset, to no avail
There doesn't appear to be any relevant features in the menu

Based on this picture of the screen, does the audience think it's dead???

DSCF9995.JPG

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I had a laptop go like that once - turned out it was the graphics card. I think as a rule these days it's not worth paying to have hardware fixed. Bad but there it is.

ianbarton

Veteran
The (Samsung) in our front parlour has decided to go loopy
(it's about 8 - 10 years old, I think)

I'm not sure how old it is, but last night, SWMBO wanted to watch Netflix, & the colours went AWOL

View attachment 479401

Try Googling for the fault. Our Samsung had a problem a couple of years ago and we worked out it was one particular board that needed replacing. Bought a new one from eBay and replaced the defective one.

Samsungs only have two or three boards. Replacement is simple. Removing the back is just a matter of undoing lots and lots of Philipps screws. If it's the screen that's faulty, probably not worth repairing.

Edit: try looking at

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1bg9qP_qic

Reactions: gbb

sleuthey

Legendary Member
Looking at the info on the screen are you using a virgin media box through hdmi or scart? If so try plugging it into an Ariel lead and see if you have the same issue using the televisions freeview

Reactions: gbb
Any hdmi leads involved? A loose lead can give colour distortion. Check all firmly pushed in.

Looking at the info on the screen are you using a virgin media box through hdmi or scart? If so try plugging it into an Ariel lead and see if you have the same issue using the televisions freeview

Tried it with different lead, & a TV from one of the bedrooms
Okay, on both counts

Just been to Currys @ Pontefract, & bought a new one
Nothing too fancy; 40", as linked in an earlier posting
Parked up, & heading out of car-park, within 10 minutes!
Quite surprised how light it was!!!

Only issue is, no scart lead for the DVD player (& that's an old one, so no HDMI socket on it)

SCART to HDMI adaptor cheap enough fix. Amaz** or your favourite on-line supplier

You still play DVD's. We have a DVD/Video under the telly that's not been used in years, same goes for the expensive hard drive TV recorder... how times change.
Yes, still got them

There's a multi-region player in the basement TV room/lounge, that's probably (at least) 15 years old
I last bought a DVD in May

This....
View: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10217310060615806&set=a.10215838420145714&type=3&theater

There's also a VHS recorder down there, & lots of tapes

SCART to HDMI adaptor cheap enough fix. Amaz** or your favourite on-line supplier
Thankyou!!!

Top Bottom