Coloured lenses in cycle specs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Trying to work out what they're for.

There's some blue mirrored ones- these are for looking cool, even when wearing a helmet.

There's some clear colourless ones. Fine: the blue ones aren't much cop when it's dark.
But they look shoot because you can see the prescription inserts through them.

There's some clear yellow ones too. What are they for?
I tried looking out the window with them this morning, no obvious advantage except they made it look as if Watford had 1970s LA-style photochemical smog.

Bigtallfatbloke

the yellow ones are for turning blue eyes green

Orange ones increase contrast on a dull day. They actually work, especially for skiing (not on a bike of course, unless it's a new sport I know nothing about)

Tynan

Veteran
like yellow/orange too, happy colour

although I don;t like them in low light, so I wear clear at the moment, as soon as it's light in both directions I'll go yellow again, mind you it'll have to be light until 10 to catch my evening classes trip home

I sometimes use the yellow lens for MTBing in dull conditions - it does enhance contrast. Paradoxically, it does also reduce glare, so I also use them for overcast but bright (if you know what I mean) days when the mirrored totty-spotting lenses are too dark. And clear lenses at night.

mr Mag00

rising member
i use the yellow at night when riding on and off road, and i have driven in them and they work well esp on motorways as i wear contacts it seems to level out the light changes, u see what i mean ? i find bright light and the dark hard to handle at night

yenrod

mr Mag00 said:
i use the yellow at night when riding on and off road, and i have driven in them and they work well esp on motorways as i wear contacts it seems to level out the light changes, u see what i mean ? i find bright light and the dark hard to handle at night

I find bright lights difficult in the eve and in the morn.

I use a rose tinted lens in a pair of Briko Sprinters' which go ok on the street at night but go in to dark areas country etc.. at night and they can be 'dark' so am gonna get a new pair with a ligher lens +80's and grey for summer as the active4000's max out a few increments down from ultra brght sunlight !

I'd like a blue lens but they arent available for my model - so it'd have to be a new set of glasses with blu lens included.

Iceniner

I ride with yellow lenses during the day and if its not too dark at night as they help clear up dull days and make the whole world a little more sharp. At night they help reduce some of the lights of on coming cars.

jashburnham

Yellow are great for skiing on poor light, but I do use mine for overcast days on the bike. I actually have a pair of rose-tinted lenses - insert joke here - no idea what they are supposed to be for!

Top Bottom