Coloured tyres, Decision made for me.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have now got no faith in stock tyres on my Giant Defy 2..... 3 visits from 'The' fairy in last few weeks so went into LBS to get some kevlar banded Schwalbe that I had on the Viking with far fewer visits in 18 months with.

I asked for plain black as I thought coloured might be a bit 'blingy' and ostentatios (had red and black ones on the Viking though:whistle: ) he came back down from the stockroom and said "Sorry I haven't plain black ones how about these black and white ones?"

WTF no black tyres?

Ah..... well I agreed they would look good on the Black and white Defy so he did me a good deal.... and I will have stripy tyres by next commute

jazzkat

Fixed wheel fanatic.
It'll be interesting to see how long it takes for the white to become grey;)

Cyclist33

Interesting... I too went from Spring/Summer contentment with my Giant Defy's stock tyres, to sudden and abject failure to resist any punctures over the last two or three months.

So I got Michelins. Grey and black. They are better in every way.

OP
OP
simon the viking
Interesting... I too went from Spring/Summer contentment with my Giant Defy's stock tyres, to sudden and abject failure to resist any punctures over the last two or three months.

So I got Michelins. Grey and black. They are better in every way.

I think its just the fact the compound is soft and sticky (I'll wait for the invetible double entendres....) that they are pretty poor at puncture resistance (grip was great though) I put a cut in the back one within amonth of buying the bike

Doyleyburger

Veteran
I will sort some out of my schawble's they look great with the Black and white frame of my defy2
Cool. I got a white and black one coming and was debating those tyres :smile:

Top Bottom