Combi seated vans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
L

Lookrider

Oh dear,

You're likely to have more than your leg pulled if buying a used car/van.

Choose the vehicle that fits your requirements. Join that relevant owners vehicle forum and read lots of posts about every aspect, problems, running costs, insurance etc etc. Then when you're satisfied it's still the vehicle you won't be so ignorant of its weakness's when attempting to buy one

I think those 2 are the vehicles that seem to suit my needs
Obtained from several months research on suitability and internal compatibility
It's just engines and the such that I have not much idea on
Ii will ask the garage where my MoTs are done for his thoughts
I was looking at no older than around 7 years, definitely not new

OP
OP
L

Lookrider

Thanks all for the input
I eventually bought a Peugeot traveller
I asked a few mates about engines etc
Read up a few of the typical 10 best people carrier/vans to have
Came with a 2 year warranty so I guess that helps a owner not 'into" engine specific

Thanks again good people

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Peugeots are like Ford's but for people who are a cut above the rest. We're superior, stylish, broadsheet readers who would never be seen dead in an orange car or a shell suit.

Drago when younger

lh237orange.jpg

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
For the love of God, don't let Accy see that unless there's a defibrillator nearby!

The fabric is Accrington, he will be fine.

DRM

Guru
Thanks all for the input
I eventually bought a Peugeot traveller
I asked a few mates about engines etc
Read up a few of the typical 10 best people carrier/vans to have
Came with a 2 year warranty so I guess that helps a owner not 'into" engine specific

Thanks again good people

That van is the same as mine, albeit different badge, even being the 1.5 Diesel it pulls like a train, and it does fly up and down hills, fully loaded at that too, and it's pretty economical, one thing that did go pear shaped was the Ad-Blue system failed to realise it was nearly empty, do the countdown on the dash, and threw up loads of engine fault warnings related to the Ad-Blue system, the Ad-Blue tank was replaced under warranty, it's a common fault, IME it seems to do about 6000 miles on a tank of Ad-Blue, so I'd top it up every 3-4000 miles, only thing to watch out is if classed as a van the speed limits are lower then a car, 50 Mph on Single carriageway A Roads, 60 Mph on Dual Carriageway A Roads, and 70 Mph on M-Ways, unless there's a lower limit posted, if it has windows all they way down both sides I don't think that applies, if it only has windows in the sliding rear doors (Crew Van) then you definately are stuck in lower speed limit territory, as it's classed as a commercial vehicle, and the camera vans now like to sit on the bridges above A Roads to trap speeders.

OP
OP
L

Lookrider

That van is the same as mine, albeit different badge, even being the 1.5 Diesel it pulls like a train, and it does fly up and down hills, fully loaded at that too, and it's pretty economical, one thing that did go pear shaped was the Ad-Blue system failed to realise it was nearly empty, do the countdown on the dash, and threw up loads of engine fault warnings related to the Ad-Blue system, the Ad-Blue tank was replaced under warranty, it's a common fault, IME it seems to do about 6000 miles on a tank of Ad-Blue, so I'd top it up every 3-4000 miles, only thing to watch out is if classed as a van the speed limits are lower then a car, 50 Mph on Single carriageway A Roads, 60 Mph on Dual Carriageway A Roads, and 70 Mph on M-Ways, unless there's a lower limit posted, if it has windows all they way down both sides I don't think that applies, if it only has windows in the sliding rear doors (Crew Van) then you definately are stuck in lower speed limit territory, as it's classed as a commercial vehicle, and the camera vans now like to sit on the bridges above A Roads to trap speeders.

Thanks for all that...and I pay attention to that tank (maybe) I inform the garage as well as I've not collected it as yet
Its defo not a commercial as the garage pointed this as I hoped to get the tax incentive as I have a very small business
However the compatibility of the vehicle is more important to me than saving a little tax of HMRC's
It interesting your comments on the windows if it's a van/car and the speed limits as well
I would not have considered that had it indeed been a van
I have thought if it can carry 1 ton 2 ton or whatever then it becomes a commercial van
Or if its commercial on the Vo document
I'm looking frd to using it for adventures
Just need to sell me car aero roof bars and 2 thule bike carriers as the surplus too

Attachments

• IMG-20230330-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20230330-WA0003.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1

Jody

Stubborn git
Nice motor and I especially like the colour!

5 seats and classed as a people carrier so you should be alright on speed limits.

My advice if keeping a 1.6 DV6 would be to service it (well) ahead of time and don't neglect servicing.

Drago

Legendary Member
It's the later DV6, single cam and 8v but more power and economy. Much tougher than the older units, although it does indeed pay to keep them rigourously maintained.

OP
OP
L

Lookrider

Nice motor and I especially like the colour!

5 seats and classed as a people carrier so you should be alright on speed limits.

My advice if keeping a 1.6 DV6 would be to service it (well) ahead of time and don't neglect servicing.

Sounds like the servicing is something to keep on top of along with the adblue tank ?
It's a totally has 8 seats
Tberes 3 singles at the back that are removable so they will be coming out
I was going to sell them but 2 garage salesmen advised strongly against that as it will effect resale at later date
So they go into the garage roof ...no doubt I will use the extra seats now and then
Also seen on you tube a good way of using seat rails in deck to make a sturdy folding bed
And a rail to secure to D rings to put fork " clamps" on for the bikes
It seems an adaptable vehicle for me
And my concerns about the 1.6L engine being strong enough has been put to bed by one of our good members
Thanks all

Top Bottom