Combination/Dual Pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

totem

Total Newb, but eager to learn
Any recommendations?

Would like the clip-in pedals to be MTB, not road. Seen a few, like the shimano m324, but always good to get opinions from those who might be using some dual pedals already. If you know of any that have the dual functionality on both sides of the pedal, please let me know. Dont' have any cycling shoes, so no restrictions in that regard.

Thanks.

dfthe1

I've been really pleased with my Shimano M324s. Plenty of grip in the non-SPD side. I also tried some A530s, but found the non-SPD side too slippery especially her wet.

I've been really pleased with my Shimano M324s. Plenty of grip in the non-SPD side. I also tried some A530s, but found the non-SPD side too slippery especially her wet.
me likewise.

The M324 is a great pedal and my favourite one for a general purpose non racing bike.

The only problem with it is that in their wisdom, Shimano designed it so that to service the bearings, rather than the £2 - £3 plastic tool you can use on many of their pedals, you have to buy a special bit of Japanese jiggery pokery that costs more than an entirely new pedal.

I keep waiting for Shimano to do the sensible thing and do a minor redesign on it but they seem to be remaining poker faced on the matter. So I suppose I will standardise on the pedal apart from the fast bike, grit my teeth and buy the damn tool.

It is a great pedal though and I can thoroughly recommend it.

A bit late to the pedal debate - and I'm sure the OP has probably sorted himself - but thought I'd add my findings for completeness:
I've recently bought a pair of A530s after debating for days over whether to get these or the M324s.
I was quite worried about their slippiness as noted by others, but in the end I decided that I preferred the look of them for a road bike, including vintage steelies. I'm a bit of a fair weather cyclist so I've not found them too slippy in merely damp conditions, and I figured that if I absolutely had to use them in the wet I could always put my clipless shoes on!
The platform is really comfy and the clipped side works well.

Top Bottom