Come on own up.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Nope, not for me. I just don't do Christmas. Even as a child I remember not enjoying it much.
No tree or decorations in my household.

Last edited:

Venod

Eh up
I am a bit of an humbug when it comes to Christmas, the whole thing, too much spent needlessly, it starts too early, the decorations are a pain in the neck, Christmas Day involves most of the family turning up at our house, its chaos, enough food to feed the street, a lot of it wasted, I keep threatening that we will go away for Christmas, but I think Mrs Afnug likes all the chaos and needless spending, the pubs are full of amateur drinkers, I am glad when its over.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Like @ianrauk we dont "do" christmas.
We always have a nice meal, a few drinks and watch some decent films but thats about it.
My daughter and family have somehow embraced it big style and a couple of years ago we were asked to go there on the day. They and the kids all buy us presents so you have to do likewise.
We tried to get them to come to ours but they want the trees (2 of them) plus all the lights and music etc.

Money Saving Expert made an excellent point last night.......he said "be kind to people. Do not buy them presents. Then they will not feel obliged to go into debt buying them for you".

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I pay it little attention. Being a shift worker means it has to move around based on what I'm working, always has done so the kids are understanding about pressies etc a day late, or waiting until late when Dad gets home.
I've always seen it as a time for family to get together, play silly games, have a tipple and a laugh. And a good day for a bike ride too, I generally get brownie points in advance since I do all the cooking:smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I'm not keen; when I was a kid Christmas meant my parents would argue and my Dad would go into a rage while my Mum cried so it holds unpleasant memories for me.

I hate every single minute of the Christmas "season", which seems to last three months, including Christmas day.

I have no religion, but the only possible reason for loving Christmas is as a celebration of the birth of that religion.

Without that it is just a commercial festival that gets worse every year.

bah_humbug-e1269152112652.gif

Top Bottom