Comeback 4.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

You covered more than the average fitness tracker wearer. That is the average, yet alone someone who has been what you have gone through. That surely must be considered a huge success! Yesterday I covered 2106 steps, I am ashamed.
it's astonishing that I've managed to fight back into this position at all, I'm one to get somewhat carried away at times and must keep grounded but...... Maybe

*OBVIOUS STATEMENT ALERT* - I'm one to get somewhat carried away at times.
FTFY :tongue:

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Body looking good after yesterday and the new high I set, if a little tired this morning.

Starting to believe the hype and hope that maybe, hope can ride again

Attachments

• 20170714_080929.jpg
    20170714_080929.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Barnstorming, if not PB setting day, I'm confident enough to now raise the workout goal to 7k steps.

The ultimate goal being 20k, because that's where I was before I became ill (on days I used for walking ones, not every day)

The confidence is growing and the recovery is going good, long day tomorrow, maybe not steps wise, but it'll be a challenge none rhwb less,lets see what this week brings, some busy days early on.

I'm almost virtually 3stone down also

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170715-213017.png
    Screenshot_20170715-213017.png
    66.7 KB · Views: 49

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Well done on progress so far, but surely gentle cycling would actually be easier than all that walking? I mean riding very slowly, and avoiding all hills. 20,000 paces for a long-legged person like you is, what, about 11 miles?

(Having said that, I walked daily for 8 months before I finally got back on my bike post-illness.)

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

I'd agree buddy, however, one issue I've had is parallasis below the waste, this can happen in my sleep, or this can happen at random without warnining

So I'm trying to build strength and confidence, but also I'm testing my body and the new medication out to the max, so I fully understand what and how I can do and where my limits are etc

One other option is getting a turbo...... Hummmmm

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I'd agree buddy, however, one issue I've had is parallasis below the waste, this can happen in my sleep, or this can happen at random without warnining

So I'm trying to build strength and confidence, but also I'm testing my body and the new medication out to the max, so I fully understand what and how I can do and where my limits are etc

One other option is getting a turbo...... Hummmmm
I thought of that for physiotherapy after I snapped my femur, then thought a bit more and bought the trike. At least I can get places whilst doing a bit of exercise :cycle:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Can I ask @Disabledcyclist40 what is the nature of your illness?
I watch with interest your progress back to fitness but I don't know your, as it were 'back story'?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Given the risk of paralysis risks have you thought about a recumbent trike ? Then if you legs go on you are sitting in a nice comfy chair.

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Wow wow wow, what a day, what an unexpected outcome, it wasn't supposed to be a day where I could or would push, but wow, biggest day in over 3 years.

Will reply to comments tomorrow, it's been a lignin day

Wow

Thanks again for the support, humbled

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170716-225729.png
    Screenshot_20170716-225729.png
    64.4 KB · Views: 48
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Well, by jove, he's gone and done it.

At the start of the TDF I had shown zero signs of improvement in over 3 years.......

A lucky chat and a deal with the devil to get onto a drug trail later and on the last day of the TDF after 3 weeks of unbelievable improvements in my health

I got back on a bike.....

Yes, it was slow, it was short and it was flat,but it was a bike ride. And 4 weeks ago I was lucky to manage a walk to the living room.

Now to see if I recover well, if I can do it again and if I can keep using the meds but for now, wow, that felt amazing

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170723-130801~01.png
    Screenshot_20170723-130801~01.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 45

Alan O

Über Member
Well, by jove, he's gone and done it.

At the start of the TDF I had shown zero signs of improvement in over 3 years.......

A lucky chat and a deal with the devil to get onto a drug trail later and on the last day of the TDF after 3 weeks of unbelievable improvements in my health

I got back on a bike.....

Yes, it was slow, it was short and it was flat,but it was a bike ride. And 4 weeks ago I was lucky to manage a walk to the living room.

Now to see if I recover well, if I can do it again and if I can keep using the meds but for now, wow, that felt amazing
Whoa!!!

That's really a pretty stunning achievement in such a short time!

Top Bottom