Comeback 4.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Cheers Phil

The weather here is awful, so tonight I jumped on a turbo, did 15 mins, the stats IMHO are irrelevant as it's not really representative of the real world, but I buried myself and ended up sweating like a horse... So I'll assume it was a good thing....

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Appreciate Zwift isn't real, but I'm using a tacx vortex and it's pretty decent at killing me on the slopes.

Anyway most if my zwift averages have just nudged above 10mph.

Did my biggest climb tonight and just missed a 9mph average, it's humbling feeling proud to just make the summit again, yes it hurts not being quick, but the feeling if being able to actually get to the summit is special.

Anyway once at the top I wanted to restart the course after a 60 second rest and then push myself for a couple of miles but not go balls out.

I only managed 1.8,ice had 3 nose bleeds today and by 1.8 miles I was done, again, humbling, I'd assumed that it'd be a poor ride stats wise so I'm absolutely blown away to see an average so high and so many PB's, it gives real heart to me that maybe, just maybe this might not be as fruitless as it felt on say one.

As always the support here is humbling and I owe each and everyone one if you who believe in me.

Thank You

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170802-192002.jpg
    Screenshot_20170802-192002.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 45
OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Thanks Alan

I find it cathartic to lay it on the line and hopefully help others who have been or are in my situation.

Maybe a nice goal would be a comeback ride, of myself and anyone here who fancies it?

I'm a long way off that yet, but maybe, if there's interest, it could be a 2018 goal?

OP
OP
D

Disabledcyclist40

Knocked out a couple of PB yesterday and today, rides are still incredibly short, but I'm managing daily and daily improvements

Top Bottom