Comedic victims of crime

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
My dad's car had an attempted theft/joy ride against it on Tuesday night and I've calmed down enough now. The drivers door was dodgy and had been booked in to be repaired the next day so it didn't really cost us that much. The fault on the door caused the door to jam up completely when the lock was picked so the thieves decided tried to bend the top of the door off.

Not that I want any of these things to happen to anyone else but I think the events are somewhat amusing looking back on it now. Anyone else had any bizarre things happen to them recently?

papercorn2000

When I was in the polis, one of the most bizarre thefts I came across was the theft of the bonnet (and nothing else) from an old Astra.

OP
OP
marinyork

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sounds crazy, some of the early designs with azides in are really toxic.

Someone on the main road had their rather ordinary gates stolen one afternoon.

barq

I posted this one before, but I had a break in a year or two back. The thieves ignored a £2500 Kona mountain bike and a £1k+ Trek in favour of a £100 Apollo bike. ;) I'm not complaining mind you!

Pete

Not sure whether this goes on this thread, but one of the most bizarre crime stories I can remember concerns the man charged with stealing an entire railway station. I remember hearing the story on the TV news at the time, in disbelief. He was later acquitted. I've just dug up a mention of the story here, scroll a few paragraphs down.

So, if you've took a fancy to the new St Pancras ....?;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've had 2 kids swimsuits stolen off the washing line ... they took the label ones and didn't like the tesco's ones....!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
An old girlfriend of mine bought a new secondhand car and thought someone had stolen her passenger window when she went to a petrol station - but it turned out that the window was just wound down. It's true!

Arch

Married to Night Train
My late partner's Citroen CX was pinched by joyriding kids who tried to drive it down a cyclepath, only to have to stop at the full width chicane gate thingy. They'd got in OK, but failed to check out the interior door handles, which on a CX are a sort of trigger affair inside the inner handle, and not very obvious. They had to break their way out of the window with a fire extinguiser. I like to think of them panicing and scrabbling at the door looking for the handle for several minutes...

Tetedelacourse

My Mum was a primary teacher. She had a particularly bad year one year, who broke into the school in the run-up to xmas and stole their own sweets.

A flatmate of mine at uni came in one night gassed, with a parasol, which he'd lifted from a pub garden on the way home from the pub. We lived in a flat.

Top Bottom