Comedy Catchphrases With Saucy Undertones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
I recall that quite a few "family" comedy catchphrases have rather risqué origins and just stumbled on another.

Charlie Drake was a diminutive comedian with the catchphrase "Hello My Darlings" which was loved by young and old.

However it apparently originated through his habit when meeting young ladies. Being so small in height his eyes were often level with their chest and he developed a habit of addressing the breasts directly with "hello my darlings!"

Any more out there?

Sharky

Guru
Used to like Charlie Drake. He was very accident prone wasn't he? I think he used to all his own stunts and crashing through windows and doors etc.

Sharky

Guru
Watched a bit of the Beatle film "A Hard Days Night" the other night and was surprised at the amount of saucy comments.

Last edited:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
1604747612378.gif

OP
OP
accountantpete

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Another was the Larry Grayson catchphrase "Shut that door!" It originated from the 1960's gay scene when leaving a bedroom door ajar during homosexual acts meant it was no longer private and therefore illegal.

stephec

Legendary Member
Although not strictly a catchphrase thing, I used to love the way Dick Emery's comedy vicar would find filth in innocent conversations.

Benny Hill never really had a catchphrase but his screen persona really summed up the dirty, sleazy side of 1970s . I feel a chase coming on...

Top Bottom