Comedy error...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today, I took my van to go and fit a new toilet for a client. Whilst fitting I could not find the cap for the spare cistern outlet. Had a good look in the van and found a chrome cap on the floor, went back inside and popped it in place. I finished the job earlier than expected so I thought I would go home and give the bike a good clean. I noticed that I was missing a nice shiny handlebar end cap. I had forgotten that I picked my bike up from the LBS only 2 days previous.

Anyway, my client has a nice shiny Boardman part installed in his bog:banghead:

ScotiaLass

Guru
Today, I took my van to go and fit a new toilet for a client. Whilst fitting I could not find the cap for the spare cistern outlet. Had a good look in the van and found a chrome cap on the floor, went back inside and popped it in place. I finished the job earlier than expected so I thought I would go home and give the bike a good clean. I noticed that I was missing a nice shiny handlebar end cap. I had forgotten that I picked my bike up from the LBS only 2 days previous.

Anyway, my client has a nice shiny Boardman part installed in his bog:banghead:
:laugh:
Can you ask to swap the part out or is it immersed in his lovely bloo toilet water now?

young Ed

Veteran
phone up client and say you think you might have forgotten to something non critical and would like to check and put it right quick swap the caps over and then lift lid play with a few bits and look like you are doing work and then say all good and leave :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

OP
OP
DooDah

DooDah

Veteran
do you have another one? then at least you could have a matching pair of Armitage Shanks caps :smile:
Alternatively I might put in the for sale section under "original bar end cap - one only"

Top Bottom