Comfort eating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

3narf

For whom the bell dings
I'm going through a very stressful time and I'm doing a lot of comfort eating.

I know I'm doing it and I know I'll stop doing it when I get a grip on things in a month or so...

I feel like a blob, though!

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
I'm going through a very stressful time and I'm doing a lot of comfort eating.

I know I'm doing it and I know I'll stop doing it when I get a grip on things in a month or so...

I feel like a blob, though!
I've just come out of one of those phases. Best to do it in the winter, when you can cover up the bulges with extra layers ;)

david k

Hi
u can fall in the trap of thinking ive eaten badly so whats the point in trying to eat well, ill have some more cake!

dont fall too far behind as its just more work to do after, getting out on the bike is good for stress, better than eating but i guess many of us have been there

screenman

Legendary Member
Comfort eating can be a habit and we all know the longer you have a habit the harder it is too break. Never an easier time to break a habit than right now.

TheSandwichMonster

Junior Senior
I've had a really bad couple of weeks, but my first race is in less than a fortnight and so I'm back on the sensible wagon again. Having a specific goal can help to focus you... Otherwise it's just training yourself to deal with the hunger pains!

In all fairness, I ate so much at the weekend (wedding, hangover, pub lunch, pizza kinda scenario) that I made myself feel thoroughly fat and sick... Since then, I've not had the compulsion to eat so much. I've not long finished a book called the 4-hour Body. Some of it is (in my opinion) rubbish, but some of it is quite interesting. The author recommends at least one day a week where you have a blowout - eat what you like, drink what you like, etc. I think it's quite a good idea - it means you can promise yourself all of the rubbish that you're craving without guilt. My weight always peaks on a Friday/Saturday (one of which will be blowout day), drops on Sunday (long ride day) and is back to normal by Tuesday - and I'm still losing weight slowly & surely.

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm very prone to falling into the comfort eating trap as well. I just try to avoid having easy access to food but it doesn't always work.

Bluebell72

Over winter the times that I can go out, its dark and I feel like a pit pony. Stacked it on big time, and as cycling lowers my stress levels, and I'm cycling less, eating more, stressing plenty. I've been eating everything and feeling lousy.

Last couple of weeks I've got back into my big commute, feeling so much better already, and that means I'm not opening the fridge/biscuit drawer so much.

I really agree about having a goal - and not something vague. I'm going to a wedding in Venice at Easter. Bought a great dress and am determined to look ok.
Next to the stylish Venetian ladies, ha, no pressure.

Try not to beat yourself up 3narf, it can becomes a vicious circle of eating/felling bad/feeling worse/eating. If your stressful situation won't ease for a month, at least buy in some healthier snacks for when you want to nibble...

david k

Hi
I eat what I like every day, at the moment...
i used to, i couldnt put on weight despite trying to. i played rugby and a good standard and was told all the time, to put weight on but couldnt despite eating anything and everything. i was young and training every day so must have ben burning up loads every hour!

but now im fat

Top Bottom