Commencal, Are They Any Good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Mr Pig said:
Have you ridden them? I saw Commencal and Genesis in a similar bracket, they seem to be coming from the same place as far as design philosophy.

Hardly... Commencal are a serious MTB company with well-designed frames ridden at the top levels cometitively, where Genesis are made by Ridgeback - perfectly reasonable, commercial bikes designed to be competitive in price at the lower to middle range of the market. They are really very different companies... that's not to say that there is anything wrong with Genesis, they are very good value for money. But that is what they are all about, not class or style.

OP
OP
Mr Pig

Mr Pig

Thank you. I know nothing about Commencal, first place I saw the name was in that shop, although I'm fairly familiar with Ridgeback.

From what I've read about the Commencal and Ridgeback bikes at the price I'm looking at I get the impression that they have more in common with each other in the way they ride than they do with the Rockhopper. That's what I meant.

I'm fat and forty. Things like class and style mean nothing to me! ;0) I'm a very practical and analytical person. I look at what a product actually does first rather than who made it or what other people think about it. Many so-called 'budget' products perform just as well as, or better than, more expensive highly regarded ones. It's a useful lesson, it can save one a lot of money.

Top Bottom