commentator comments and gaffs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A thread for cycling commentator gaffs, slip ups or anything that you found amusing,

I will kick off with one I found amusing this morning between carlton (nob ed) Kirby and brian smith at the Dubai tour

ck...did you know they have been trialing drone taxis around here brian like a helicopter with no pilot.

bs...no carlton , I didn't

ck...would you try a drone taxi brian

bs.....no carlton, ....I just listen to you drone on and on

I like brian smith a little bit more after that comment.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I chuckled at P&P's Tour de France commentary referring to Bertie "squaring very pedally". I think that was Paul. To be fair, they did a tough job well, handling all the different broadcasters leaving for ad breaks and rejoining after at different times (that's why you could sometimes hear Phil still commentating in the background as Paul recapped what happened during the break), but I don't miss "front end of the main field" and the other oft-repeated very repeated repeated phrases... or the basic refusal to mention doping or, as far as I've heard, them to ever agree they were probably wrong about Armstrong.

Most commentators have their standbys. Ned's seems to be to tell you either the distance to go or the time.

Top Bottom