Commodore Vic 20

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I still have my C64 up in the attic. I presume it still works although it probably hasn't experienced electricity running through it for well over 20 years. I think there is an Amiga 500+ up there too, similarly not been on for quite some time. I do remember workbench mind...
I had an amiga 1200 with expanded ram slot, gawd i loved that pc

mustang1

Guru
I still recall the C64 advert when the elephant came onto the scene coz of the "elephantine memory". All the naysayers (basically, those who didn't have a C64 :smile:) said you could only use 38K for the actual programs, but that was still more than what they (eg BBC Micro 32K) had!

Computing was SOOOO much fun back in those days. I recall running, RUNNING!, home after school and getting straight onto the computer to continue coding. These days however, time pressures and project deadlines set by other people have taken all the fun out of computing though luckily I'm still in a good place but many others are feeling a lot of stress.

Other computers around those C64 days: Dragon, Oric, Research Machines, BBC Acorn and Micro, Atari, oh yeah Sinclair Spectrum and ZX81 (and 80). Wow, what lovely times they were. Of course while I was sitting on my backside doing what I thought was cool, other people (Gates, Jobs, Wozniaks and Torvalds of the world) were doing far more profound work. What blxxdy good days they were!

Then I bought a Windows PC and a light bit of light faded, not because it was not fun, but because I could see a convergence happening where other computers would slowly become irrelevant. Oh well.

Top Bottom