Communication breakdown...

Smileys:- Menace to mankind?

• No!! A post without a smiley is like a fried egg without ketchup

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes. Unless posts are in clear and unambiguous English I can't possibly read them.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WTF?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LOL!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pete

Noodley said:
Agreed.

I deleted my account last night due to the increasing control freakishness...:ohmy:
:sad:;):biggrin:;):smile::smile::smile::biggrin::biggrin::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I had thoughts (please don't laugh!) of putting out feelers to SW, trying to elicit that long-awaited, long-overdue, apology from him. Glad I didn't, now, no point really. He's in a world of his own, and soon he'll have a forum all to himself...:thumbsup:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'd just checked into ACF and discovered the whole bizarre controversy (before I read this thread)... I am really not sure what to make of it, apart from the fact that it just seems so unecessary.

Noodley

Flying_Monkey said:
...apart from the fact that it just seems so unecessary.

Really "necessary" for one person.

And you ain't seeing the "whole" of the bizarre controversy, only the content that one person allows...and there was me saying I was not going to say anything more on the topic. :thumbsup:

Pete

Chuffy said:
Oh me oh my, what have I done....:evil::shy:
Well, I started it didn't I, chuffers me ol' friend...?

Or have you somehow 'got at' your very favourite forum and its even more favourite supremo? ;) My knowledge of JUST WHAT IS GOING ON is still very superficial: I don't have hacking skills and I don't have a login anymore... But there are decent folks out there, and I'd be glad of being able to get back in touch....

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Pete said:
Well, I started it didn't I, chuffers me ol' friend...?

Or have you somehow 'got at' your very favourite forum and its even more favourite supremo? ;) My knowledge of JUST WHAT IS GOING ON is still very superficial: I don't have hacking skills and I don't have a login anymore... But there are decent folks out there, and I'd be glad of being able to get back in touch....
I hadn't seen your thread Pete (Soapbox being more of a jolly gentlemen's club these days full of splendid chaps who chat merrily with other splendid chaps and not somewhere I bother with anymore). As for the rest, well, I have sources. :evil:

I am just a puckish little scamp.
icon_smile_wink.gif

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
All is now explained on Page 18.

which I cannot access...so I have no idea if "all" is explained. Did it explain my replies (which, if you know me, were obvioulsy not OTT) were blocked and that other replies were edited?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Noodley said:
which I cannot access...so I have no idea if "all" is explained. Did it explain my replies (which, if you know me, were obvioulsy not OTT) were blocked and that other replies were edited?

Err...no.
A Poll started by Charlotte suggest that the majority want smileys returned and a few are a mite pi55ed-off. SW seems happy though to loose a few members to create his foral utopia.

Noodley

Fab Foodie said:
SW seems happy though to loose a few members to create his foral utopia.

Yes, he does. I had stayed with ACF because of the good people on there, despite my reservations with him...I probably should have stuck with my first impressions. :biggrin:

I enjoyed ACF despite him...and I shall not criticise others for remaining there as I know it is a good forum community.

I read posts this weekend re Easter Arrow as I do care about people...ask him if he does!!!!? :biggrin:

Noodley

Chuffy said:
I suspect that 'people' are an unpleasant, but unavoidable, feature in his fantasy online landscape....

OK, I am getting drawn into this....:biggrin:

But, yes I agree. He insults people on a regular basis, directly and indirectly. There is no doubt he has good people on his forum, it's just unfortunate it is "his"...

...for me Shaun is a shining example of a "host".

If only "we" could get an audax section going - I shall try my hardest!!!

Top Bottom