Communication breakdown...

Smileys:- Menace to mankind?

• No!! A post without a smiley is like a fried egg without ketchup

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes. Unless posts are in clear and unambiguous English I can't possibly read them.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WTF?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LOL!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SheilaH

Noodley said:
a forum is supposed to be fun. :blush:

Very true! :biggrin:

Well, I haven't been party to any of the shenanigans that have obviously occurred, and who am I to doubt you all. It is unfortunate that there has been discord. I do find enjoyment over there and there seems to be a lack of the sort of spite that you can find even here. To be honest I can't really envisage ever having anything to do with the acf admin, Sam, so I'm in the dark about what has happened between you.

I've yet to meet any acf people, but that may change next month all being well.

Pete

SheilaH said:
I do find enjoyment over there and there seems to be a lack of the sort of spite that you can find even here.
...because any arguments, any dissent, are rigorously weeded out over there. On this forum we have quite a wide spectrum of differing points of view and arguments do sometimes arise. That's also what forums are all about, it's all part of the 'fun' isn't it? :blush:

To be honest I can't really envisage ever having anything to do with the acf admin, Sam.
...well, if you can keep it that way, well and good.

I've yet to meet any acf people, but that may change next month all being well.
Best of luck! You'll find them a great bunch. I may turn up to something if my fitness improves over the coming months...at the moment it's :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Flying_Monkey said:
Done. Deleted. Hadn't been posting there much recently and I don't really have time anyway. No loss.
I suspect that probably goes both ways. If this fiasco burns off a few fringe members (with apologies to yourself and Noodley) that isn't going to worry the management in the slightest. At least you'd both already established a home for yourselves here and had somewhere to go. I feel sorry for the people who use the place exclusively. Their choice comes down to putting up with it or leaving and that's a hard thing to do if you are genuinely attached to the community that you are part of.

Pete

Chuffy said:
I feel sorry for the people who use the place exclusively. Their choice comes down to putting up with it or leaving and that's a hard thing to do if you are genuinely attached to the community that you are part of.
Don't get me wrong, I don't really want to provoke a mass exodus from ACF. That sort of thing would only breed even more ill-feeling, between those who leave and those who remain, and haven't we had enough of that? If you were to insist on my stating my wishes - however futile in reality - they might be:
1. Persuading more ACFers to take up dual nationality - registering and regularly posting on here, while staying on ACF. I'd be glad to get back in touch.
2. Sam to undergo some sort of Damascene conversion (not a 'Dale Carnegie' sort of conversion btw, no way do I want him 'influencing' me anymore! :becool:) though I don't see how that will ever come about. I have a set of bullet-points ready-typed, that I could list if I really wanted to: changes I'd like to see brought about at ACF - but, really, what's the point?
3. Most drastic option: ACFers to gang up and tell Sam 'time to move on mate'. That could happen theoretically: not everyone on ACF is a Walker acolyte (whatever happened to MalVolio btw? I thought he was Walker's most loyal supporter!) - and in that unlikely event I'd be on to SW's successor like a shot - but once again, pie in the sky.

But none of these things are going to actually happen. I'd best accept things as they are.

Flying_Monkey said:
Well, of course... I'm not that important! :biggrin:
Don't say that, FM. Everyone's important in their own way, and you've earned a high level of respect on those forums which you do take seriously...

wafflycat

I have one thing to say on this subject..

3.gif

Pete

Aha, that explains something, nice to brighten up this thread with a smile, please can we have more of those? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::smile::becool:

bonj2

they're good, but limited. We should adopt the following ones by shamelessly nicking them from barryboys:

rofl.gif
chav.gif
banghead.gif
stir.gif
clap.gif
confused0075.gif

they're probably not copyright as they probably get them from a standard location.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
as i've pointed out, they'd be better off changing the appalling look of the quoted text before ****ing around with what is essentially a useful tool of communication for most of us. they'll just be left with those people what talk proper. :becool:

did the bikeradar debacle not teach the internet forum community anything at all :biggrin:

Mrs Pingu

Über Member
He's lurking. :evil:
Wot, there must be plenty of audaxers here n'est pas?

You really are keen on your new shoes then eh?

Noodley

Mrs Pingu said:
He's lurking. :biggrin:
Wot, there must be plenty of audaxers here n'est pas?

You really are keen on your new shoes then eh?

There are a few audaxeers, but not too many - yet :evil:
Aye, the shoes are very comfy and I am transforming into a geko :biggrin::sad:

simonali

Guru
Pete said:
Has any of you met Sam face-to-face? I have. He's actually a rather shy, self-effacing individual in real life, quite friendly and helpful, and doesn't come across as arrogant, at all. It's when he gets behind that keyboard that his personality changes.

Yes, I have. He did a ride around the UK meeting forum members and stayed at my house. As you say, a very quiet and unassuming chap, who was riding in the most appalling pair of trainers I've ever seen. I did think about making him leave them outside!

Shortly after this some of my posts were removed from a contentious thread and put in the hotel, where in isolation they look like racist rants (maybe they did anyway and that's why they were moved!). What I took offence to was that once they were there I couldn't post replies to explain why I'd said what I'd said and now they're just sat there for everyone to see. I'd rather he had just edited or deleted them altogether rather than do that and make me look a c***, so I hit the delete account button!

Top Bottom