Communication breakdown...

Smileys:- Menace to mankind?

• No!! A post without a smiley is like a fried egg without ketchup

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Yes. Unless posts are in clear and unambiguous English I can't possibly read them.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • WTF?

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • LOL!

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Keith Oates said:
I'm sitting here contemplating breakfast as it's 0700 my time and you write that. My watering mouth tells me the porridge will not be so enjoyable this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ooops sorry Keith :tongue::ohmy:

Noodley said:
And the pig has his beady litle eyes on you....

He does. From every angle.

It's sad that you felt you had to delete your account from ACF, from the few times I've looked in there seems to be a lot of good people on there.

...And your miserable mileage is still twice mine and I haven't had three months off....well, I have used the turbo a lot though.

Noodley

Crackle said:
...there seems to be a lot of good people on there.

There are :tongue:

I'm not one for getting into squabbles so thought it best to leave. And that's the last I'll mention of it...:ohmy:

longers

Legendary Member
Nice sig Noodley,

I thought you had five fingers though?

I was going to ask over there about them so maybe you could put something up on here, maybe?

Noodley

longers said:
Nice sig Noodley,

I thought you had five fingers though?

I was going to ask over there about them so maybe you could put something up on here, maybe?

The "extra" toe looked a bit too freaky in the sig!! But I shall put a bit in Technical section about them soon :ohmy: My calves are still killing me :tongue:

Noodley

longers said:
That'll be your instep, you've got two right feet :tongue:.

Oh bugger! :biggrin: I knew something wasn't quite right :ohmy:

(edit - is that better?)

simonali

Guru
Don't be daft. Just for suggesting it you can have a clang round the head with a frying pan
fryingpanmk1.gif
AND a kick in the kahunas!
nutkickerbg7.gif

:thumbsup:

Arch

Married to Night Train
stevenb said:
The smilie choice is quite limited on this forum compared to many I've been on in the past.

Ah, but a limited vocabulary, so to speak, can assist in creativity. I write poetry much better when limited to the words in a pack of fridge poetry, than just given a blank sheet of paper and a pen.

Smilies are essential I think, when you can't hear the tone of someone's voice.

Pete

Crackle said:
Are you winding Pete up?
Excuse me, I thought I was the wind up merchant par excellence over here.... ah well, knowing Chuffy for being .... well, Chuffy....

As for smilies - there is some truth in the claim that they are symptomatic of the present-day paucity of human expression, but - when I was taught to write English proper, like, there was no internet, there were no computers as we know them, writing was done the hard way with pen and ink. At school I was told off if I used colloquial contractions like "isn't" in an essay. We have moved on, we communicate instantaneously now, we have adopted the smiley as an extension of our communication power, I welcome it and use it where it helps. :thumbsup:

I'd be interested (in a mischievous sort of way) to see a transcript of what's being posted on the '15 pages' on ACF. Can anyone oblige? I'm well aware that anyone who copies stuff off that forum onto other forums risks incurring Sam's wrath ... at least put it in Soapbox ... 'Defections' and 'bannings' from ACF don't bother me now like they used to when I was there. Anyone unhappy with Walker's control-freakery: well: they know what to do!

Top Bottom