1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community service

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by rich p, 21 May 2008.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

When the ne'er-do-wells get a community service order, what do they have to do? Scrub the pavements clean with a toothbrush, paint the double yellow lines with childrens paintbrush?
    Any idea?

2. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

I thought it was stuff like graffiti cleaning, litter picking, painting fences, that sort of stuff

3. snorri

snorri Legendary Member

General maintenance of local authority grounds, tend gardens for pensioners, take very long smoke breaks, eye up the passing talent and exchange info on drug availability.:tongue:

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

The young girls are generally forced into prostitution and the boys have to wipe arses in a care home.

5. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

Dom, sometimes your world view has me worry for your daughter.

6. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you got given community service rich?!:biggrin: What did you do?

7. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

They fish trolleys out of the cut

8. dantheman

dantheman New Member

correct!!!

9. purpleR

purpleR Senior Member

They came round to my place of work once and painted the walls (really quite badly) for us.

10. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I could tell you the proper sensible answer, but that's maybe not what you want...

11. Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang Guru

You paint schools, thin out trees, have long coffee breaks and watch football focus if there's a telly about. If they then decide you can be trusted, you can work in charity shops transferring clothes from one hanger to another or sorting out books. If you're really lucky then you might help out being a spare adult for the boys brigade. Supervised work groups are the least boring, although you're more likely to meet some women in the charity shops.

12. rich p

I was sort of hoping for the real answer and thought I might flush out some humour and knee jerk responses along the way. Trolling I suppose!

13. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Why, have you been given one Rich? ;)

14. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

Probation counts as a Community Service Order, it doesn't have to involve actual work.

15. rich p

no, but someone has graffitied the side of our building and set off a train of thought