Commute from East London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
haha and ill be the unfit 20 year old gasping for breath on my dads mountain bike hahaha! With my best mate somewhere within 10 metres also struggling on his brothers bike! Probably wont be able to miss us, were doing our first commute friday though

Take care mate!

I'll be the unfit (almost 50 year old) being overtaken by the unfit 20 year old gasping for breath.

Oh yeah,you'll love it,I still do.

OP
OP
C

cyclerob

haha ill look out for you too miquel! also i see you ride a fixie, I like the idea of them! Any ideas where you can get a (cheapish) beginner one?

subaqua

What’s the point
from Wanstead you could go down Blake hall road , along lakehouse road, right into Harrow road to Leytonstone high road. along Cathall road , then left into Hollydown Way, onto North Birkbeck, Frith Road, Calderon Road to Leyton High road- misses out Grove Green Dragstrip - sadly you will still have YorkRd/Alexandrs Road to deal with and then Ruckholt road to Eastway.

the link below shows Harrow road to Eastway.

http://www.endomondo.com/routes/68667870

OP
OP
C

cyclerob

Commute went well everyone, Friday went down through bethnal green, across victoria park down homerton high st, and then followed olympic path back to leyton and then cut through to leytonstone. Was a fairly good route.

This morning went down from leytonstone through to leyton high rd, down underneath the eastway and joined the canal - resurfaced at the end of victoria park then just went down old bethanl green road - much quieter and i think a little quicker.

Thanks for everyones advice!

Lee_M

Guru
just watch out for the Aussie woman that screams down the canal path at high speed and gets cross if she gets blocked by other cyclists
no patience some people!

Top Bottom