Commute from Surbiton to London Waterloo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't commute into central London (wrong direction for me!) but noticed the comments about getting across the A3; this is my part of town, and there's a recently opened off-road but all tarmac cycle route from Elm Rd in New Malden that follows the railway under the A3 and into Raynes Park emerging in Taunton Ave - if you're continuing into Wimbledon town centre from there head through Raynes Park and along Worple Rd. Getting onto Wimbledon Common Southside (for Putney etc) does involve a climb but Southfields/ Earlsfield Wandsworth can be done on the flat too.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't commute into central London (wrong direction for me!) but noticed the comments about getting across the A3; this is my part of town, and there's a recently opened off-road but all tarmac cycle route from Elm Rd in New Malden that follows the railway under the A3 and into Raynes Park emerging in Taunton Ave - if you're continuing into Wimbledon town centre from there head through Raynes Park and along Worple Rd. Getting onto Wimbledon Common Southside (for Putney etc) does involve a climb but Southfields/ Earlsfield Wandsworth can be done on the flat too.
It's a very good route, now they've opened up the road by the bike shop again - it is busy with families, walkers, dogs during the day, early might be ok, coming home it doesn't matter so much if held up a bit :smile:

In terms of getting from Raynes Park to London it rather depends where in London the poster is going :smile:

@Mozgie are you looking for the quickest route, what about hills, prefer quietways for cycling, where in C London? What time travelling?

Top Bottom