Commute Horror Stories

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I had a good ride in.
My new alarm woke me up with me feeling refreshed.
Left early
Roads where clearish
Scafolding all over the road at balham meant a closed road and a walk on the pavement.
Lights out at the end of Vauxhall bridge but managed to get across easily.

Trevrev

Veteran
My ride in was going ok, until someone thought it a good idea to lay on their horn as they went passed me. Frantically pointing to the pavement.
If only they knew how much that makes you jump!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Back to work this morning after the holiday weekend, soaked to the skin. The wife phoned around 09:00AM to say it was snowing back home. Wearing all the winter gear again. :wacko:
Sunny here in Glasgow, just a wee shower. Stopped now. Going to do some gardening :tongue:

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
My ride in was going ok, until someone thought it a good idea to lay on their horn as they went passed me. Frantically pointing to the pavement.
If only they knew how much that makes you jump!
Of course they know. That's precisely why they do it! Bullies.

Certainly the best commute in of the year. Roads almost deserted. Wind was cold but the sun was high and warm. Spared with a roadie (he lost in the end). Passed a very long queue of cars held up by roadworks on the A272 in Haywards Heath.

Wind will be in my face on the way home though. Guaranteed.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I had one of those days today. Took the semi-fast route to avoid the canal towpath puddles, and made it in record time. Not just a record time, but 2.93 s.d.'s above my average for that route. For all you stat gurus out there. Simply, a 1 in 500 day. Feeling ^_^!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
A slow ride in for me due to a strong headwind, but as it was still windy on the way home I did the return 12 miles journey in 34 mins! Very enjoyable.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
We have Monday/tuesday instead of Good Friday, so no commute of any kind today :smile:
Tomorrow going to be in the cage too. I'm off for an open water swim after work. Don't fancy the extra mileage with wetsuit etc added to the luggage.

D

Deleted member 1258

Ran an errand this morning before going in, meant a different route to work and no chance to ride easy, a bit sticky when I got in, headwind all the way home meant a slow hard ride home plus another errand to run, leaving Bedworth heading towards Ash Green I was riding in bright sunlight and a torrential downpour at the same time fortunately it was just a shower.

Top Bottom