Commute in Lycra leggings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Went out last night for a ride in my Aldi winter cycling longs,ls shirt,night vision jacket and long fingered gloves,toes were bloody freezing and my leg muscles did'nt warm up at all due to the cold so was a very slow ride,did'nt enjoy it one bit.Need to get some warmer longs on my legs i think

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Went out last night for a ride in my Aldi winter cycling longs,ls shirt,night vision jacket and long fingered gloves,toes were bloody freezing and my leg muscles did'nt warm up at all due to the cold so was a very slow ride,did'nt enjoy it one bit.Need to get some warmer longs on my legs i think

Pedal faster , you soon warm up ;)

redjedi

Über Member
Winter longs came out for their first commute this morning.

I was freezing for yesterdays commutes, and since I've not been feeling 100% I decided it was time.

Lusso bib longs with bib shorts underneath (the padding isn't very good in the longs, and this means I can get a few wears out of them before washing), merino LS base layer and socks, Endura FS260 jacket and wind proof gloves.

Mmmmm toasty warm once I had got going, and I'm not sure why but I like the feeling of cycling in longs :tongue:

Msmancunia

This morning at 7am we had frost too - I had Altura longs, merino base layer, cycling top over the top, then fleece, then Nightvision jacket. Was lovely and warm, apart from my toes - I didn't realise until I got off the bike and couldn't feel anything! Will be having a browse on Wiggle this lunchtime, I think.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
So, the bizarre question is... without too much Carry On-eqsue innuendo, how do I keep me crown jewels warm in the winter?

sad.gif
Damn.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Nope I'm still in shorts with short sleeve top. The only concessions are long fingered gloves and a Night vision jacket, neither of which are needed for the ride home!!!

400bhp

Guru
This morning at 7am we had frost too - I had Altura longs, merino base layer, cycling top over the top, then fleece, then Nightvision jacket. Was lovely and warm, apart from my toes - I didn't realise until I got off the bike and couldn't feel anything! Will be having a browse on Wiggle this lunchtime, I think.

Endura Mt500 are your toes' friends.

Chris-H

Über Member
Pedal faster , you soon warm up ;)

i tried,believe me i tried,the first 2 miles was spent trying to warm the muscles up then increased the speed but there was a lack of stamina due to the muscles still being cold,off to Go Outdoors at the weekend for some base layers i think

Thomk

Guru
Was about 8 or 9 degrees for my return commute today which is just about OK with my normal shorts and long sleeve (concession) top. Started with gloves but took them off after 2 miles. Everyone else I saw on 2 wheels had loadsa gear on :rolleyes: Certainly didn't see another pair of knees.

Bluebell72

Due to later appointments this week, I've been lucky to see no frost, bright sunshine and blue skies, but the headwind was chilling.
Still in shorts, but with thermal long sleeve top,. SS top over that. Mitts proved inadequate, but then joy, rooting in my pannier for something else, I found a spare pair of socks, put them over my hands, what a difference!

Made the ride more than bearable, but the windburn on my face makes me look like I've had a weeks' ski-ing.

Can't beat a healthy colour!

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
So, the bizarre question is... without too much Carry On-eqsue innuendo, how do I keep me crown jewels warm in the winter?

If you're riding a tandem, the rear person (usually the woman, and in this case a woman is preferable) could oblige with a 'reach around'. She would also benefit as she could warm her hands. Interestingly, the rear rider on a tandem is known as the 'stoker', not to be confused with 'stroker'......stroking should be avoided, a gentle cupping will suffice.

On a serious note, my Northwave thermal leggings have greatly reduced the 'chilled bits' from last year when I wore normal leggings, and an added bonus is that 'shrinkage' is also reduced!

Top Bottom