Commute in Lycra leggings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
Do you ride an MTB? I don't tend to have a problem with mine probably due to the more tucked position on the road bike.

Hybrid, so I suppose i'm a little 'exposed' :biggrin:

Might invest in some sort of cup.

lejogger

Guru
Dug out my BRAND NEW dhb roubaix leg warmers this morning. Put them on only to find that the stitching had failed and there was a split along the seam :sad:

Serves me right for not getting the cheap Aldi versions.

Turns out i'd have probably been too warm once I'd got going anyway!

My biggest regret of the week however is melting my only pair of long finger gloves on top of the fire place at the pub when trying to dry them out on Monday night. :sad:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I wore my Night Vision jacket for the first commute of the season today, still in shorts though. Why does my average speed drop so noticably when I wear a jacket? It can't be wind resistance.

And I regret washing my Altura Shield gloves, the inner lining now doesn't fit inside the outer properly. :sad: I'm sure they will fit again soon though

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I can recommend Decathlon's bib tights. My old pair have finally worn out (going see through above the padding). Got some of the £22 ones. Do watch the sizing as they come up small on the current ones. Let's say the Large is snug on me (snug on the legs :wacko: ) - I think they were made for long distance runners rather than cyclists legs !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Yeah but you carry a bit more weight about your person to keep ya warm dontcya?

Meow ! :rolleyes:

Titan yer tummy

No meatings b4 dinner!
dhd.evans said:
Hybrid, so I suppose i'm a little 'exposed' :biggrin:

Might invest in some sort of cup.

I'm sorry but this is just too much.
MTFU will yer. Mankini for me all year round!
rolleyes.gif

Cup? You cant be serious. Large bucket for me!!!!
biggrin.gif

D

Deleted member 1258

I'm wearing a winter jacket now, too cold for the light summer one, I don't think the summer jackets will be seen before the spring, I've also started wearing gloves, cheap light woollie ones from Coventry market, the thermal ones can wait till its below freezing. I suspect it wont be long and I will need my woollie hat plus a sweatshirt under my jacket.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Atm i am sticking a pair of running leggings over the shorts and wearing my windproof over my SS jersey with thin altura full finger gloves.

Strike that its given out a frost so the ronhill bikesters and long sleeve base layer, buff and aldi gloves will be on .

PedAntics

Regular
Dug out my BRAND NEW dhb roubaix leg warmers this morning. Put them on only to find that the stitching had failed and there was a split along the seam :sad:

Serves me right for not getting the cheap Aldi versions.

Turns out i'd have probably been too warm once I'd got going anyway!

My biggest regret of the week however is melting my only pair of long finger gloves on top of the fire place at the pub when trying to dry them out on Monday night. :sad:

Ditto with Roubaix Leg Warmers!:sad: Disappointing as the arm warmers have been great. Fortunately Sister in Law is better on the sewing machine than those who made them originally, less hassle repairing than sending them back.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I find if its cold enough for roubaix leggings my meat and veg gets cold , i would rather go with something over the shorts to keep them from going blue and smaller ( then they already are fnarr fnarr :smile: )

Top Bottom