Commute Times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lpjr

lpjr

I did 15.5 Miles this morning in around 45 mins.

Wow, if I could build up to that pace I would do the full 28 mile rather that just the 10 to the train station.

potsy

Rambler
9.5 miles -ish depending on route and I give myself just over 1 hour,which means I usually get to work 20 mins early and then have time to cool down and have a nice cuppa before my shift starts,and if I have problems on route gives me time to sort it out.
maybe you could do the full route once a week to see if it's feasible

Yes allows you to have time for a roadside repair and not be late .
Times can also vary a lot by terrain, weight carried etc before you even think about fitness and sort of bike you ride.

My average for my hilly commute is around 17 mph, unladen on the same route it is over 20 mph easily.

I wouldn't bother allowing for repair time personally - otherwise I might as well just take the car (well there are other benefits of course). But that is just me, being 5-10 minutes late isn't a problem - I could just stroll up to my desk in my cycling gear if I was "late" though, and then get changed in my break 2-3 minutes after i've sat down ;)

Doing the longer route most days gives me a bailout though of a shorter one. :smile:

Top Bottom