Commute to work fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J1888

Über Member
Another in the night before camp here.

Much easier to put my gear on and grab my bag and go, rather than faffing around and forgetting stuff...like my towel, which I've done a few times.

When you do regular commuting on your bike, you soon get in a habit of preparing everything the night before, I used to do it as I got in so that I could relax asap.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Rode home yesterday and shredded my back tyre, nice bit of carcass showing through , luckily i had a tyre boot and a spare tube although i had to take it a bit steady .

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Perhaps, Perfect planning prevents piss poor performance
On those lines yeah. It's a British Army saying.
Proper Planning and Preparation Prevent Piss Poor Performance. Sounds harsh when its just talking about getting cycling kit ready I guess but I reckon you can apply it to lots of things you do.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
The 7 P's. That is all.

and they would be?
Cheers Ed

A pod.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Exactly what I do. I even pack the bits for breakfast 2 along with a clean shirt, socks, grundies and jeans.
I sort my work bag out before i hit the shower when i get in from work for the next day and cycle kit is laid out on sofa before bed, i get dressed downstairs so as not to wake the kids .

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
I actually spent ages getting everything ready the night before, but the shoe issue was because I had just purchased them and with old ones still kicking around, I did not realise I had left them at work.
The tyre issue - I need to remember to inspect my tyres more - at the moment the rear is covered in a mud guard.

Anyway, I have now had two successful commutes in this week.

Brains

Legendary Member
First rule of cycle commuting:
Always have a spare in the office, never take the last one* home

(* Towel, socks, pants, shirt, shoes, inner tube etc.etc. Yesterdays shirt is better than no shirt)

I unrolled my smart shirt today to find a big fat mud stain on the back. I usually roll and pack my clothes in a plastic bag which keeps the worst of the weather and filth from the road, but today's plastic bag had a tear, rather embarrassing!

Top Bottom