Commuter trousers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mariah

Hey there, newbie here

I'm looking for trousers to cycle to work with that I haven't been able to find yet, wondered if anyone found some or has some advice.
They should preferably be:
- warm
- breathable
- waterproof / water repellent
- be loose fitting, no tight lycra (It's just a simple 40 mins commute)
- no padding needed

I tried (hiking) overtrousers but these turned out not waterproof on a bike (the folds around the knees leaked), were a bit sweaty and they don't work over a skirt. So I decided it may be easier to imply change into trousers to cycle with. Keeps the work trousers nice and clean too.
I'm currently cycling in 3/4 lycra but these will be too cold in winter and to be honest, lycra really feels overkill, not going that fast.

One shopkeeper told me there are no such trousers on the market. Is that right?

Thanks for any comments

vickster

Legendary Member
How much do you want to spend? I expect a company like Rohan will sell what you need in a technical fabric. Or if the budget is lower, these are proving popular on this site with a big reduction http://www.rutlandcycling.com/15177...r-resistant-womens-cycle-trousers---navy.aspx

I put lycra on for 10 minutes on the bike, just more comfortable. You won't find any waterproof but quick drying. I personally don't ride if it's raining when leaving the house

OP
OP
M

Mariah

Thanks ladies - that looks like a good deal indeed (budget very limited), their other stuff looks great too. Really don't fancy tight leggings much, I wanna be able to hop into the city with them just as comfortably. I'll give those trousers a try, otherwise I'll reconsider the leggings again. Ta!

pac-man

Ive used the Altura Attack trouser for about 3 years with no problems worn on its own most of the time, and with a pair of Altura winter cruisers underneath when its really cold
they finally gave up the being waterproof when i foolishly left em on the floor outside the bathroom and the otherhalf put em in the wash with normal washing powder...

agree with Pat above though... a cheap pair of overtrousers from Aldi etc will work fairly well but wont be breathable/ as comfortable.

but better to buy waterproof footwear.... i use Sidi Diablo as having cold wet legs is uncomfortable but cold numb toes is horrid

Top Bottom