Commuting in a short dress - Recommended!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
This is the thing though, experiences between women as well as between men and women and men and men will vary because we're all very different in appearances etc.

An added complication is I am Chinese, so that makes the whole idea of 'exoticness' a factor. It's very sad.

I wonder if this is more of a race thing than a gender issue?

I wonder how many ladies on here experience similar behaviour. I lived and worked in London for many years and did not witness such behaviour towards Ladies when they were out and about safe for the occasional drunken letch!

I get loads: Ranging from fat c*nt to "I wish my face was that saddle", how much did you pay for those tits to the simple stare and dribble. I just feel sorry for these people that feel the need to do this and go on with my day, after all you can't reason with a moron! :-)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
This is the thing though, experiences between women as well as between men and women and men and men will vary because we're all very different in appearances etc.

An added complication is I am Chinese, so that makes the whole idea of 'exoticness' a factor. It's very sad.

It's only a race thing in that Chinese girls are always hot!

In case you cant tell, the above was a joke!

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
It's only a race thing in that Chinese girls are always hot!

In case you cant tell, the above was a joke!

icon_rolleyes.gif

I am tempted to hit you with a crank arm.

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
I get loads: Ranging from fat c*nt to "I wish my face was that saddle", how much did you pay for those tits to the simple stare and dribble. I just feel sorry for these people that feel the need to do this and go on with my day, after all you can't reason with a moron! :-)

I agree those type of comments are very sad indeed. :sad:

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It's both, one is more subtle than the other.

Is this also cultural expectation? I get the impression (and I may be wrong) that ladies are treated with more respect in China then here.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!

I wish I could learn that, it would make my days so much quieter! :-(

Mad at urage

What response do you get when you politely say no thanks?

When I've said that I've got a barrage of nastiness calling me a ****ing bitch. That's not quite the same is it?
On occasion I've had adverse reactions: Two in particular stand out, one a (male) manager who wanted me to sleep with him and his partner "Come on, I know all you English students are up for it" ... I got another job and worked my notice out, refusing him on a daily basis; the other a female acquaintance who kept up an email harassment for a while (I sent them to the junk bin). It does happen both ways, it can be distressing if you allow it to be but the adult response is to accept the complements and pass over the idiots.

Yes, we all have different experiences - you'll note that some - well, one (male?) poster on here has expressed 'jealousy' because I've had this. 'Exotic' is in the beholder also, both of those who seriously 'hassled' me (above) were foreigners, so I was the 'exotic' one to them.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
I wonder how many ladies on here experience similar behaviour. I lived and worked in London for many years and did not witness such behaviour towards Ladies when they were out and about safe for the occasional drunken letch!
I think it's less common than it used to be, but it's still around. It's when it tips over in to (this may not be quite the word I'm looking for, but it's the best I can do) hatred that the need for lines becomes apparent. I may be a bit over-concerned, but when The Kid comes home bearing tales of male 'flirtation' turning in to aggression I start getting all Valerie Solanis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom