Commuting in the dark

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Sorry, but no such thing could exist. You do need to be a little careful in the wording. You can be lit up like a Chirstmas tree but if a driver doesn't look, they'll still smash into you. Can I please ask of YOUR experience as a cyclist, particularly in the dark as the issues you face or are you coming form the perspective of a non-regular-cyclist or a motorist?
This, in spades.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I'm not prepared to spend that much unless it's really useful.... Some kind of auto repelling system? Or I can point a laser at them to make them explode. I witnessed a near miss today in daylight as a car started to pull out into the path of another. If they can't see other cars in daylight then it's going to have to be special to make them notice at night.

In the mean time given my light collection I may as well keep on using those!

winjim

Smash the cistern
Not being able to see the potholes in the road quickly enough and being able to avoid them while driving in heavy traffic

Potholes, for me. I often realise im concentrating on the surface ahead when I should be giving my undivided to the traffic around me (though my night time commutes are about 10 miles and I maybe see 10 cars the whole way)

Potholes for me too, although this also applies in the light.

Are you going to find whoever's responsible for Sheffield City Council's Streets Ahead project and slam their face repeatedly into the broken piece of tarmac they call a resurfaced road? That would get my backing.

I used to use one of these, but found that my the time I had set the whole thing up the target had escaped

vfhnbhp3c1twycd7bk17.jpg

So I now use a more accessible version:

kq9n14tdwb6x0jfoplwl.jpg

jnrmczip

It's not a product that's needed it's education to drivers so if you can come up with some quirky adverts for tv and a plan to educate them then that would help. But don't forget you must also educate cyclist's as some of them are as bad

classic33

Leg End Member
You can make yourself as visible as you want/are able. From a half million candlepower front light, to a Hi-Vis vest more at home with horse riders. Even carrying a fridge(cargo quad), during the day. Even had a set of traffic lights mounted on the rear.
If the person can't be bothered looking out for you on the road, they'll not see you.

Top Bottom