Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Here we go, battery pack complete(there is a case as well):-

6419033945_071d0c7c3f.jpg
IMG_7212 by MacBludgeon, on Flickr

and opened up slightly with me pointing to where I need to apply pressure to wire to get operational:-

6419035747_8a7b800d30.jpg
IMG_7213 by MacBludgeon, on Flickr

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
yep suspect you may have to cut that connector or better peeling it off if you can, then see if you can get a new one from Farnel, Maplin etc. It maybe you need to replace both ends?

Bman

Guru
I see. That is a bit short. The cable on my T6 is about 40cm long!

How is the cable connected to the batteries? You may be right, you may need to replace the whole cable. Although, I would avoid it if possible. I wouldnt want to rewire all the batteries unless I had to.

Is the loose connection closest to your finger in the 2nd pic? If so, you may get away with only cutting off an extra cm or two.

Before you do cut anything, make sure you can get a new plug. I assume they are the female verson of these. If so, it should'nt be a problem.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Of course, you could easily start a new thread in Know-How :whistle: .....

Got myself an Ultrafire XML-T6 1000 (claimed) lumen torch like this (with the narrow head) a week or two back, £18 off fleabay from a UK supplier so arrived in a couple of days. All I can say is wow, it knocks spots of the Hope1 I've been running, still got that on the bars as a flasher or back-up just in case.

Hello Andy.

Which eBay seller did you get your light from? Fancy one myself.

Cheers

Cubist

Still wavin'
It's here! My other T6 XM-L

I ordered it form the DX UK warehouse on 12 October, asked them to change the order to the HK warehouse three weeks later, and it was despatched on 17 November. It arrived signed for post yesterday (and typically I wan't in) but that may give anyone thinking of ordering the clue to order it from HK and wait for up to three weeks for it!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Well its here :wahhey: , first impressions are its neat, currently charging it up, its bright :eek: but that was in the house will try it outside later. The battery connections are a bit hmmm and I think I will also get the silicon sealant out as I can see potential issues with the the lens cap and also the battery wiring. One other note the flashing mode I reckon will seriously pee me off and other road users but I shall see :ph34r:.

Well its here :wahhey: , first impressions are its neat, currently charging it up, its bright :eek: but that was in the house will try it outside later. The battery connections are a bit hmmm and I think I will also get the silicon sealant out as I can see potential issues with the the lens cap and also the battery wiring. One other note the flashing mode I reckon will seriously pee me off and other road users but I shall see :ph34r:.

Good stuff:thumbsup: Worth the wait then?

I've actually found a couple of Ebay sellers doing the same version with a clamp as well, here is one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Fashi...isure_Cycling_Bike_Lights&hash=item23169caf33

Theres a few different sellers all with different packs/clamps. I like this one as it comes with a compass lol!

Top Bottom