Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just looked on the website at these and they look good, but does not say that front is rechargable just says batteries included! so what batteries do they use if you dont mind me asking?
thanks Matt

I`m sure they will be tickety boo but these are not in the same class as the ones we are looking at in thread. I`m not convinced you could do 20mph on unlit road and see well :smile: but maybe I am underestimating?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
ok update my light would appear to be of been dispatched! So from my experience thus far, order from HK NOT the UK store and then expect about weeks delay before shipping assuming they have stock!

ok update my light would appear to be of been dispatched! So from my experience thus far, order from HK NOT the UK store and then expect about weeks delay before shipping assuming they have stock!

^_^

Think I might re-order them but from HK, seems this UK warehouse may be more likely a Uk shed given the minimal stock they can hold!

Ravelin

Contacted them myself now, patience had run out. The CS rep said they were out of stock on UK item but offered to change it to HK item and ship China Post. I've accepted, but wish I'd just ordered from HK in the first place. Why couldn't they have just automatically shipped from HK if it was obvious to them it'd have been quicker than waiting to ship from UK?

Got myself an Ultrafire XML-T6 1000 (claimed) lumen torch like this (with the narrow head) a week or two back, £18 off fleabay from a UK supplier so arrived in a couple of days. All I can say is wow, it knocks spots of the Hope1 I've been running, still got that on the bars as a flasher or back-up just in case.

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Glad you like the Moon mrmacmusic - the fact you have to go through "off" to get back to overdrive was also the only thing I didn't really like about it.

My favourite lights in the world are still Lumicycles, but the Moon is a really good commuter light. Spare batteries also available for £15 at Wooly Hat Shop.

Very happy chappy here :biggrin: Used the XP500 on high setting for most of my commute, only turning up to the 500 lumens "overdrive" mode when I hit the tree-lined cycle path.

You've no doubt seen the beam shots over on road.cc and I can confirm that for me, this little light (and it is small!) puts the illumination right where you need it. There's a nice bright central section and enough spill to light up the edge of the road and the area in front of the tyre. I felt much more confident and was able to ride at my normal pace (16-20mph).

My only slightly negative comment, is that pressing the button to cycle through all the modes includes "off" despite the fact that you can turn the light off with a long press of the button... IMHO it might have been better to require a long press to switch both on and off, saving short presses to cycle the modes. Overall though, a great wee light :thumbsup:

Top Bottom