Commuting lights for unlit country roads?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

funnymummy

A Dizzy M.A.B.I.L
I have asked them for a returns label and so there should be no charge. It was/is a bit of a palaver getting things sorted ( they wanted pics of the box it came in, the label on the box etc) and something called a SKU number which I had no idea what it was.

Having said that they got right back to me via email (within an hour or so) to let me know what I needed to do so it seems they aren't tardy about customer services. They mailed me back today to let me know they are looking into why I have the wrong light.'
I've not been able to contact them... Filled out the 'wrong item' form online , as i havn't got a clue what the SKU number is, it kept rejecting it - I tried a variey of random numbers in the SKU box, none worked LOL!
But tbh, the light is pretty damn bright, bit miffed at not gettign what i ordered, but i got is more then enough.

Just one thing i'm confused over - Nowhere on instructions does it say how long o charge battery for...?

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've not been able to contact them... Filled out the 'wrong item' form online , as i havn't got a clue what the SKU number is, it kept rejecting it - I tried a variey of random numbers in the SKU box, none worked LOL!
But tbh, the light is pretty damn bright, bit miffed at not getting what i ordered, but i got is more then enough.

Just one thing i'm confused over - Nowhere on instructions does it say how long o charge battery for...?

The sku number is the item serial number
Check your original order and click on the invoice and you should get the number .

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Until I heard the horrible horrible sound of rubber screaming on tarmac behind me, absolutley shat myself, fortunately the car managed to stop before he collided with my rear end, don't know how close he got was too busy pedaling like a banshee looking for an out over the hedge. I think most people thought I was brighter than a Christmas tree, but it only took one driver not paying proper attention and I could have been wiped out, be careful out there people.

If they are not looking, or going faster than they can see at night, relying on headlight glare to tell them about cars coming the other way, which typically we all do when driving, then no matter what you wear, or what lights you have, they won't see you. Indeed they may not be able to see you until it is too late.

There are three or four short stretches of road on my commute which are a 'mare at night because, generally, drivers are only bothered about avoiding collisions with cars coming the other way and take no account of the possibility of slow moving vulnerable road users just round the bend.

JonnyRat

Regular
I use a Magicshine MJ808 E - got it for £50.00 (approx) on Dealextreme after reading the posts on here. I travel 17 miles each way along very dark country roads and the light is absolutely superb. Light time at full glare is 3 (ish) hours and it takes about 3 hours to fully charge. It came with a 2 pin charger connection, but I got round this by using an old stereo adaptor I had. Would strongly recommend the light. Good luck with your choice.

PpPete

Legendary Member
If this beam shot is even close to realistic then could be a competitor to the Macigshines. Linky
Silver+T6.JPG

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just for the people who have ordered from DX: How long did it take from ordering for the lights to arrive?

come on folks let us potential buyers know the score :smile: They have a UK warehouse now so I assume that means much shorter delivery.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Amazing light! How do you dip it though for oncoming traffic? If you can't surely that light can only be safely used off road?

have the beam angled down so the hot spot is maybe 6 foot in front of the bike, mine is fine set like that .If your that concerned about dazzling oncoming traffic you could always put in on the lower power setting for oncoming vehicles .

Top Bottom