Commuting with a laptop

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
I did struggle up the hills more than usual but I expect that's more to do with 6 weeks out of the saddle than the laptop :laugh:
Almost definitely, although I didn't say I struggle, just seem to be more aware of the weight at certain times which is why, despite all common sense to the contrary, I sometimes prefer a rucksack.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
I know what you mean - When I'm in a hurry I prefer the weight on my back, it let's you fling the bike about more. When I'm trundling to work however I'm generally not in a hurry :laugh:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Not everyone’s cup of tea but I can fit my laptop in this , granted it’s a fairly thin 15” HP elite book. Can get all my repair stuff, fresh grundies and lunch. Occasionally I can also squeeze in new work clothes. Prefer the weight up top rather than down low. As I do treat me commute as a workout .

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Do you really need the rack top bag too? You seem to be either carrying a lot or carry a lot of empty space? I prefer one pannier that I can just whip on and off quickly (no saddle bag, rack top or even computer).

I bought the same pair of Ortlieb but in grey. 3 years in with almost daily use for 2 years, less frequent this last year, they are still going strong and no leaks so far. Sadly they don't stay as clean as yours for long if you ride in the wet. The mounting bracket round the back in particular gets grubby and you can't throw them in the wash, or use any detergents which would impair the waterproof finish, so be careful lugging them around with clean office wear on. Minor quibble though, otherwise top product, if a bit pricey, but as ever, you get what you pay for. :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom