Compact Digital "Pocket" Camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Your best side, IIRC:whistle:
Pah!

Archeress

Veteran
I have just bought a Canon Ixus 265 HS from a John Lewis Outlet Store at the Discount Outlet Centre in Swindon. I have used it today at the Bristol Jazz Festival. A friend was appearing in a performance and we were in the rear stalls, but the Canon took good photos of her on stage, a distance of approx 130m. It has optical zoom of 12x and can then additionally use digital zooming up to 48x. I was shooting today without flash. I bought the camera as I would not like to take the SLR on the bike, and the Canon is slim enough to fit into the breast pocket of my Endura Soft Shell. On high speed burst shooting mode, the manual advises that it can shoot 10 frames a second, but this is only at 4M. On ordinary continuous mode it is almost 4 frames per second. You can read a very comprehensive review here: http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/canon_ixus_265_hs_review/

Hugs
Archeress x

OP
OP
Pro Tour Punditry
Quick update - collected the camera on Sunday from argos, and have been messing about with it tonight (was waiting on memory card arriving) and it's just what I was looking for - very small, very light, easy to use and decent pics.

Top Bottom