Companion. France September.

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by bigjim, 9 Aug 2012.

1. bigjim

bigjim Guru

Here’s the plan. I’m considering a break on or about the 9th of September. Fly into Paris from Manchester and the head south to either Nice or Beziers. I’ll be camping if solo or camping or B&B or a mixture of the two if I have a companion. I estimate about 2 weeks averaging 50+ miles a day. I don’t figure on climbing a lot of mountains or racing about, head down like a maniac. I’ll eat out in the evening or cook something simple in camp. Porridge for breakfast and lunch at supermarkets etc. I’m over 60 but quite fit, don’t get stressed and pretty laid back. Not bothered about companion age, or sex, more important that we get on ok.
    So anybody up for it?

2. suffolkcindy

suffolkcindy Active Member

I wouldnt want you to feel ignored. I would be up for this but cant get time off work till late october so cant join you. Hope it goes well

3. yello

yello Legendary Member

I could ride with you for a leg if you have a route planned.

4. YahudaMoon

YahudaMoon Über Member

I'll cycle to the airport with you :laugh:

5. OP
    OP
    bigjim

bigjim Guru

But how would you get back without my leadout^_^
    I've asked for a couple of other forums so early days yet but also prepared to go it alone. Just in the process of route planning but will be leaving it flexible.
    Cindy. Thanks. I might be up for the Morroco thing by the way. Not into museums either. I'm more of a people watcher over a glass of red or a coffee.
    Yello will PM my route to you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice