Company troubles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs P being the Virgin account holder received a communication saying our phone telly and broadband was going up from £78 to £111.No way Jose.So she checks a phone and broadband £45.Well the phone call did not go well,we are leaving ,plus a few home truths about loyal customers we were with the company Virgin bought out.So a phone call comes in from Sheffield blah blah blah,would you be ok with no hd but we keep the sports part which was given freee last year.£111 is now £80,just £2 more what on earth are they playing at.Next is Royal Mail text we have delivered a parcel left it in a shed safe place.No you piggin have not.Our back garden has a locked gate.So our fab next door neighbour lets me look around his property.Then i goes walk about 23 Gardens,23 Drive and 23 Parkside,who tell me we get your mail on a regular basis and we put it back in the system.So when i get back from my Australian walk about tour.Royal Mail have sent a photo of a driveway and open gate our neighbour at 19,they are still out at the moment,but how do you mistake 19 and 23 they look like each other i think not.Anyway RM have sent a customer satisfaction survey ha ha Mrs P is looking forward tonight to filling that in.

13 rider

Guru
Apparently royal mail in that area went to downhill a few years ago now when an experienced member of staff retired

Hmm - yes - Virgin

After many years of loyal membership - and payments - we have recently switched to Sky

Got an email a while ago saying it was going up by about £27 to over £150
Rang Virgin - was immediately offered £10 off by an automated system - waited a while - waited a bit more - eventually spoke to someone who could offer me the amazing reduction to just over £100 but on a slightly slower broadband
By this time I had got an online quote from Sky at about £80
So I got a quote from a Sky stall - had to go to Warrington to find one - and they gave me a quote of about £70!!!

So accepted that and rang Virgin to cancel
They were not happy to just accept it and 'had some computer problem' - while it was being fixed the bloke magically managed to get a new quote - don;t ask how he got a quote when his computer was restarting but what do I know about computers, I've only been troubleshooting them since 1981 - and - by magic - the quote was about £72 and had better broadband and a few other extras

Which - to me - is basically taking the whatsit - if they can give be a better package for £72 when I say I want to leave then they damn well could have done that from the bleedi' start!!!!!

So we have stuck with Sky and switched over

I started with sky when I moved in and their service was brilliant - not just for me but also when my "then girlfriend not wife" had problems

But recently that has all gone downhill - endned with them flat out lying to me about a speed problem and refusing to admit it!!

anyway - I suspect we will switch back in 18n months and then flip flop unless they keep the prices right down

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Had the same with royal mail but it was same number, wrong road. Very helpful staff, eventually redelivered but only because the recipient was honest. It used to happen a lot with temp staff covering normal postie's holiday.

Had same email from Virgin, it must be in the small print that if you pay £32/month like me, they can still increase it. I'm already on 250mb so will wait until the end of contract and re-negotiate

gbb

Legendary Member
I long ago gave up this notion of loyalty, particually a companies loyalty to me.

They're faceless, money grabbing corparations who's only driver and motive is profit, nothing more nothing less.

I use one service or another until i can get it cheaper, then I move. We have just moved from Virgin late last year, now with Sky. When sky do the same, we will move again, maybe even back to Virgin if their offer looks good at that time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
BT said they’re putting my broadband prices up end of this month. Oh no you’re not, and I’m now leaving.

Mine with BT is going up by £6 per month.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
what got Mrs P's back up was she asked about landline phone and broadband only we would go Freeview for telly.Yes ok £45 but there is an installation fee of £39 WHAT we already have it.It's then she lost it,going to leave.Phone went dead at their end,but her mobile rang it was from Sheffield can i help well he did £2 more but minus HD.So from £78 to now £80,but its left Mrs P with a nasty taste in her mouth and i think next year a change might be coming.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
For anyone switching, I recommend making the purchase through Quidco. I switched to Virgin 6 months ago for BB + mobile for 18 months at an annual cost of £456. (That’s for their 350MB deal.). I got £115 cashback from Quidco a few weeks later.

Drago

Legendary Member
Mrs P being the Virgin account holder received a communication saying our phone telly and broadband was going up from £78 to £111.No way Jose.So she checks a phone and broadband £45.Well the phone call did not go well,we are leaving ,plus a few home truths about loyal customers we were with the company Virgin bought out.So a phone call comes in from Sheffield blah blah blah,would you be ok with no hd but we keep the sports part which was given freee last year.£111 is now £80,just £2 more what on earth are they playing at.Next is Royal Mail text we have delivered a parcel left it in a shed safe place.No you piggin have not.Our back garden has a locked gate.So our fab next door neighbour lets me look around his property.Then i goes walk about 23 Gardens,23 Drive and 23 Parkside,who tell me we get your mail on a regular basis and we put it back in the system.So when i get back from my Australian walk about tour.Royal Mail have sent a photo of a driveway and open gate our neighbour at 19,they are still out at the moment,but how do you mistake 19 and 23 they look like each other i think not.Anyway RM have sent a customer satisfaction survey ha ha Mrs P is looking forward tonight to filling that in.
Let's hope Postie's dog doesn't run off with the milkman or he'll have an aneurysm!

D

Deleted member 1258

Had the same with royal mail but it was same number, wrong road. Very helpful staff, eventually redelivered but only because the recipient was honest. It used to happen a lot with temp staff covering normal postie's holiday.

Had same email from Virgin, it must be in the small print that if you pay £32/month like me, they can still increase it. I'm already on 250mb so will wait until the end of contract and re-negotiate

We had similar for a few years ago, the difference in name between our road and the next road is one word, the house numbers are the same, for a while we were getting his post regularly and he was getting our post regularly, it stopped a little while back and it hasn't happened recently.

presta

Guru
Next is Royal Mail text we have delivered a parcel left it in a shed safe place.No you piggin have not.Our back garden has a locked gate.
Royal Mail?
They're all arriving as far as I know, but for a long while now I've had a problem with stuff being opened. It's usually important stuff like medical/legal. This is how my will arrived from the solicitor recently, so presumably every Tom Dick & Harry in town knows what's in it (NB. I've not torn any of that envelope, that's just how it came through the door):
View attachment 606291

View attachment 606292

Medical records:
View attachment 606293
I've had snipes on Twitter about that will from a stranger 100 miles away.

Top Bottom