Company troubles.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
I long ago gave up this notion of loyalty, particually a companies loyalty to me.

They're faceless, money grabbing corparations who's only driver and motive is profit, nothing more nothing less.

I use one service or another until i can get it cheaper, then I move. We have just moved from Virgin late last year, now with Sky. When sky do the same, we will move again, maybe even back to Virgin if their offer looks good at that time.

This is the best way to do things.

I am not a loyal customer of various companies, but a lazy one in that I cannot be bothered to move. So for small increases, I mostly stay put. But for big increases like what people are talking about, I will definitely move.

I missed the boat with my latest car insurance payment but next year there is no way I'm paying what I currently am.

Will keep an eye on our current internet provider price rises.....

Btw, good thread @postman

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I am not a loyal customer of various companies, but a lazy one in that I cannot be bothered to move. @postman

That's what they rely on. Set-up prompts to remind you shortly before services are up for renewal. I always set things not to auto-renew. I usually check what the Money Saving Expert is saying before I sign up for anything. He often has advice on which price comparison sites to use.

JohnHughes307

Über Member
Quite a few years ago I used to work in what was euphemistically called Customer Relationship Management (CRM). There were a lot of initiatives that were supposedly to try and gain customer loyalty but it didn't take much to work out that they were actually gaining entanglement -aking it more difficult or less likely to leave.
Loyalty to a company is almost always one way - it is an emotional reaction and companies don't have the necessary organs to feel it. The only time it manifests the other way is when senior management have the belief that it is worthwhile. That hardly ever happens as the benefits are long-term and the management team are measured on short-term results. The Telcos I have worked with seem to have an average Director-level tenure of about 2-3 years, which isn't long enough for a genuine loyalty programme to bear fruit...

mustang1

Guru
That's what they rely on. Set-up prompts to remind you shortly before services are up for renewal. I always set things not to auto-renew. I usually check what the Money Saving Expert is saying before I sign up for anything. He often has advice on which price comparison sites to use.

Yeah I do have prompts to remind me, but this year I was extra lazy! My own fault so I will live with it until the next renewal.

Top Bottom