Compare & Recycle and iGadgets - Take Care

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlesF

Guru
I have used Compare and Recycle at least four times to sell our old mobile phones over the years without any problems.

I recently went onto their website to sell my Samsung S3 and at the top was iGadgets with a decent rating. Now I would usually do is some research on the company, but this time I was in a rush and accepted their offer - £89 which was about the same amount two other sites offered.

I left the phone in its silicon case and wrapped it up in bubble wrap. I duly received an acknowledgement that iGadgets had received the phone.

Then nothing.

I tried phoning, only an answering service, no response from emails, nothing. I emailed Compare and Recycle, no reply. I then found a contact form on Compare and Recycle for iGadets and this got a response.

iGadgets tersely said I would be paid when the phone was assessed, this is now way after the 10 day turn around they advertised. The next day I received an email saying they would pay me, within 15 days, £25!

Couldn’t get them on the phone, so bashed out an email. They came back saying the screen was cracked and neither cameras worked. What a load of bullsh*t. I am OCD with my gadgets, even my cycle computer is covered in screen protectors, and I have digital cameras going back to the dawn of ages.

They were now answering emails promptly and a series of emails ensued when they maintained the packet was opened by two people and I had sent a damaged phone.

Too late, I checked for reviews outside of Compare & Recycle. All bad and repeating my experience.

Basically a bunch of chancers, knowing the seller has little protection.

So – BEWARE

On a better note; at the beginning of the year my suitcase was damaged on a KLM flight. I filed a claim but abandoned the claim because I didn’t have proof of purchase. Last week KLM phoned and said the case was still open. I said close it because I can’t get all the documentation. Next thing an email from them saying KLM will pay my claim because they took so long in following up. Brilliant!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I have used Compare and Recycle at least four times to sell our old mobile phones over the years without any problems.

I recently went onto their website to sell my Samsung S3 and at the top was iGadgets with a decent rating. Now I would usually do is some research on the company, but this time I was in a rush and accepted their offer - £89 which was about the same amount two other sites offered.

I left the phone in its silicon case and wrapped it up in bubble wrap. I duly received an acknowledgement that iGadgets had received the phone.

Then nothing.

I tried phoning, only an answering service, no response from emails, nothing. I emailed Compare and Recycle, no reply. I then found a contact form on Compare and Recycle for iGadets and this got a response.

iGadgets tersely said I would be paid when the phone was assessed, this is now way after the 10 day turn around they advertised. The next day I received an email saying they would pay me, within 15 days, £25!

Couldn’t get them on the phone, so bashed out an email. They came back saying the screen was cracked and neither cameras worked. What a load of bullsh*t. I am OCD with my gadgets, even my cycle computer is covered in screen protectors, and I have digital cameras going back to the dawn of ages.

They were now answering emails promptly and a series of emails ensued when they maintained the packet was opened by two people and I had sent a damaged phone.

Too late, I checked for reviews outside of Compare & Recycle. All bad and repeating my experience.

Basically a bunch of chancers, knowing the seller has little protection.

So – BEWARE

On a better note; at the beginning of the year my suitcase was damaged on a KLM flight. I filed a claim but abandoned the claim because I didn’t have proof of purchase. Last week KLM phoned and said the case was still open. I said close it because I can’t get all the documentation. Next thing an email from them saying KLM will pay my claim because they took so long in following up. Brilliant!
O2 recycle aren't much better. I used them for a barely used Samsung Galaxy Tab and they took ages and also said the condition wasn't good even although I knew it was perfect. They deducted from the original quote and, since then, I found numerous reviews from others saying they had done the same. Would never use them again either.

Mazuma and Envirofone I think are pretty good.

Top Bottom