Compatible?: the freehub from a Mavic Aksium to a Shimano WH-RS100 wheel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello,

I've got a Shimano WH-RS100 rear wheel, the freehub on it is on the seized side of things. In order to get things working quickly, rather than try and clean the freehub etc. I'm thinking is this possible?: I've got a Mavic Aksium rear wheel whose spokes broke (had nothing but trouble with Mavic Aksiums) and hasn't had that much use. Its freehub seems in very good condition. Is that freehub compatible with the Shimano WH-RS100 rear wheel do you think? 10 speed, rim brakes.

Thanks.

AndyRM

XOXO
I don't see why it wouldn't be assuming the spoke count is the same.

ETA - ignore me - the below makes more sense. I wasn't reading the question properly.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Hello,

I've got a Shimano WH-RS100 rear wheel, the freehub on it is on the seized side of things. In order to get things working quickly, rather than try and clean the freehub etc. I'm thinking is this possible?: I've got a Mavic Aksium rear wheel whose spokes broke (had nothing but trouble with Mavic Aksiums) and hasn't had that much use. Its freehub seems in very good condition. Is that freehub compatible with the Shimano WH-RS100 rear wheel do you think? 10 speed, rim brakes.

Thanks.

No. the freehub has to be compatible with the hub it fits onto. you can check with google (or you can remove both from your repsective wheels and compare, but 99.9% sure Shimano don't us a Mavic freehub, or vice versa.

you'll need to buy a Shimano WH-RS100 compatible freehub

Big John

Guru
If you're after a quick answer, and I've not done any research on the net but I have worked with Aksiums, I'd say no, not compatible. The simple test is to take them both off and see. Shouldn't take long to do. I'd just squirt GT85 into the bottom of the stuck freehub and try and free up the pawls.

Last edited:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
I don't see why it wouldn't be assuming the spoke count is the same.

I dont think (s)he was asking could they rebuild the shimano rim and spokes onto the askium hub. and would probaly have a spoke length and compatibility issue if tried.

OP
OP
B

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ok, great, thanks for that. I might take the Mavic one off to see if it fits but also it makes it clear I should set about trying to clean the Shimano one, or get a new Shimano one. Thanks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Different freehubs all together.

Top Bottom