Competition thread.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
5 pairs of tickets to the London Bike Show (27th - 29th March 2020) are up for grabs in THIS Cycling Weekly competition. Entries must be in by 23.59 GMT on 19th March. (The terms and conditions state 2019, but since that would be somewhat tricky, I assume that they meant 2020! :okay:)
It’s been postponed (the show, maybe the competition)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It’s been postponed (the show, maybe the competition)
I am still checking the competitions site that I use every day. There are so many time-limited prizes which would have been wonderful which will now go to waste. I would hate (for example) to have been told that I had won a cruise holiday worth thousands of pounds and then had it cancelled***! Similarly, winning tickets for sporting and cultural events which now will not take place.

*** @DCLane got me back into visiting Loquax after I chatted to him on one of my forum rides. Since then I have won a few small prizes plus £2k and £1k, so thanks David! I'll leave it to him to tell you what happened to HIS cruise holiday prize...

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I am still checking the competitions site that I use every day. There are so many time-limited prizes which would have been wonderful which will now go to waste. I would hate (for example) to have been told that I had won a cruise holiday worth thousands of pounds and then had it cancelled***! Similarly, winning tickets for sporting and cultural events which now will not take place.

*** @DCLane got me back into visiting Loquax after I chatted to him on one of my forum rides. Since then I have won a few small prizes plus £2k and £1k, so thanks David! I'll leave it to him to tell you what happened to HIS cruise holiday prize...

I've not won anything for a few years - but I've been too busy to enter so …

In 2008 I won two ITV competitions (£10k & £12.5k) plus a autumn MSC cruise. The company kindly moved this to a summer cruise for no charge as I had young children.

ColinJ

In 2008 I won two ITV competitions (£10k & £12.5k) plus a autumn MSC cruise. The company kindly moved this to a summer cruise for no charge as I had young children.
Oh, that's good about the cruise - at the time I think you told me that you would not be able to take the prize because the date was supposed to be fixed and you couldn't get the time off work OR transfer it to someone else?

Tenkaykev

Guru
In 1988 I won a Cottage in Chorley...

( I was competing in a race and finished 3rd)
Lovely piece of handmade pottery.

Attachments

• chorleycottage.jpg
    chorleycottage.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4

cripes - that must have been a very special year.

Mike_P

Guru
With the current situation where are all the Zwift competitions?

ColinJ

Win a Trek Roscoe 7 mountain bike, worth £950. Enter HERE by midnight on Sunday, 19th April. NB If you are lucky enough to win, delivery of the prize might be delayed by the COVID-19 situation.

PS I thought that the answer was probably ROSCOE, but I reckon that is a trick to catch us out. The infamous ROSWELL incident took place in 1947, so I would go with that answer!

Last edited:

ColinJ

This one is a charity** raffle to win a bike - a "2020 BMC Roadmachine 02 THREE, value £2999, the winner may receive a higher spec (size availability permitting)". Buy ticket(s) HERE (£5 per ticket).

"There are 4,000 tickets available, the raffle will close when all tickets have been sold, or on May 28th (2020), whichever date comes first. The prize-winning raffle ticket will be drawn randomly between May 28th and June 11th."

** Qhubeka

Top Bottom