Complete nutter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Same danger parachuting off mountains as in the base jump. Bit of wrong draught and slam - you're into the rock face. :tongue:

So yes - complete nutter!!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
If he fell the parachute MIGHT work if he had the chance to get himself straight in the air then deploy in the right attitude. How likely is that for anybody who isn't a cat?

Chrisc

Guru
Globalti said:
If he fell the parachute MIGHT work if he had the chance to get himself straight in the air then deploy in the right attitude. How likely is that for anybody who isn't a cat?
Not very...lunatic!

ASC1951

Guru
johnnyh said:
freekin' nutter, about time a case of darwinism came a callin'!
Rubbish. He's a very skilled and experienced athlete and the risks are calculated and under control.

Compare it with commuting on a bike in rush hour, which is a) bloody dangerous and ;) full of risks which you have no control over at all.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Good point. He's got to be in control of his mind or else he would freak out. What did you do last time you were really scared?

montage

God Almighty
Globalti said:
Good point. He's got to be in control of his mind or else he would freak out. What did you do last time you were really scared?

Looked away from my bank balance

Norm

For one scary moment, I thought you were going to say that you were my wife. :smile: I thought the avatar looked familiar. :biggrin:

ASC1951

Guru
Globalti said:
What did you do last time you were really scared?
Had another grab for the 100' rope I was prussiking up when my top ascender came off - and this time managed to catch it. Just as well, because otherwise it was a 75' head-first plummet. [3rd pitch, Dale Head Pot.]

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Ah, caving! I would have added that I was a little lost in a cave in Derbyshire with a pal. We realised the importance of staying calm, kept the lid on the panic and managed to figure a way out.

Top Bottom