Complete nutter?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Globalti, 20 Apr 2010.

1. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

2. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Same danger parachuting off mountains as in the base jump. Bit of wrong draught and slam - you're into the rock face. :tongue:

So yes - complete nutter!!

3. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

+1

4. OP
    OP
    Globalti

If he fell the parachute MIGHT work if he had the chance to get himself straight in the air then deploy in the right attitude. How likely is that for anybody who isn't a cat?

5. Chrisc

Chrisc Über Member

Not very...lunatic!

6. johnnyh

johnnyh Veteran

freekin' nutter, about time a case of darwinism came a callin'!

7. ASC1951

ASC1951 Guru

Rubbish. He's a very skilled and experienced athlete and the risks are calculated and under control.

Compare it with commuting on a bike in rush hour, which is a) bloody dangerous and ;) full of risks which you have no control over at all.

8. OP
    OP
    Globalti

Good point. He's got to be in control of his mind or else he would freak out. What did you do last time you were really scared?

9. montage

montage God Almighty

Looked away from my bank balance

10. Norm

Norm Guest

Rolled over so I couldn't see her face, then went back to sleep. :laugh:

11. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

If I catch you sleeping with my wife again there's going to be trouble.....I'm glad that she's at work so she can't read this.:biggrin:

12. Norm

Norm Guest

For one scary moment, I thought you were going to say that you were my wife. :smile: I thought the avatar looked familiar. :biggrin:

13. ASC1951

ASC1951 Guru

Had another grab for the 100' rope I was prussiking up when my top ascender came off - and this time managed to catch it. Just as well, because otherwise it was a 75' head-first plummet. [3rd pitch, Dale Head Pot.]

14. OP
    OP
    Globalti

Ah, caving! I would have added that I was a little lost in a cave in Derbyshire with a pal. We realised the importance of staying calm, kept the lid on the panic and managed to figure a way out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice