compression base layers??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jnrmczip

So been looking at compression base layers online today and just wondering do they work or are the just a gimmick?

Do you use them and do you find they are worth the money ??

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They compress, they're a base layer. Where's the gimmick?

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

Was wondering if it was something that was sold is a wonder product but was no use at all . I have never tyred using any so wouldn't know that's why I asked for advice from people who use them before I buy one. Let's say was wondering if they were like jml products look like amazing things usually totally useless.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I wear compression tops as base layers, have done for all my sports for years. Partly it is to regulate body temperature and partly to support by core/remind me to support my core. I have had a recent back operation so this is important. Plus finally, they help smooth out some lumps and bumps a little :whistle:.

I used to wear compression on my calves to help recovery after running and hockey, but I have retired now.

Maybe it is all a placebo, but it's pretty cheap and I would wear base layers anyway.

OP
OP
jnrmczip

jnrmczip

I wear compression tops as base layers, have done for all my sports for years. Partly it is to regulate body temperature and partly to support by core/remind me to support my core. I have had a recent back operation so this is important. Plus finally, they help smooth out some lumps and bumps a little :whistle:.

I used to wear compression on my calves to help recovery after running and hockey, but I have retired now.

Maybe it is all a placebo, but it's pretty cheap and I would wear base layers anyway.

Thank you for your answer do you find the help keep the temp cool when it's hot and hot when it's cold ??

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Thank you for your answer do you find the help keep the temp cool when it's hot and hot when it's cold ??

To a degree (see what I did there), yes. There is a limit though as it is not magic. I find the same with merino too.

bpsmith

Veteran
No just currently wear bibshorts and jersey. Sometimes a jacket if it's windy or wet. Trying to see if they work at relating temp properly??
So your first question is, do base layers work? Then, are compression type worth it over normal base layers?

I never wore base layers since starting cycling nearly 2 years ago.

Recently bought a mesh summer SS one and it really does cool me down when hot, but also warm me up when cooler. It basically creates an air layer between Jersey and body. I was amazed how it can cook me, when it's actually an additional layer, but it does it very well!

No experience of compression base layers unfortunately.

Top Bottom