Computer help please!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simoncc

I've had some problems with my computer which I fixed in the normal way, but I have a slight problem. Whenever I click on a link, it opens in a small window, not a full one like it did pre-problem. Anyone know how to change this?

FazTheWookie

Resize or maximise the window then close your browser. It should 'remember' its size when you re-open it.

You may need to close the window by opening the file menu, press and hold the control key and click close, just to make sure the window settings are saved.

barq

What Faz says should almost certainly work. Otherwise you'll need to let us know your operating system and which web browser you are using.

LLB

Unplug it and drop the monitor out of the nearest window -oh hang on, wrong instructions :biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Just tried making the window bigger ,by getting the double arrows over each edge and widening, mine was opening small too,and it worked,when i open one now its full screen.

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I think, don't quote me, that somewhere in intenet tools or a.n.other place, that you can set to open full screen or small window, I sometimes get the net opening small, don't know why, don't think I've touched ought but it's only a click of the mouse when I start up so not too bothered

FazTheWookie

What operating system are you using and which browser (and version) are you having the problem with?

If you're using Internet Explorer, it saves the window size in a registry key. If you're confident using regedit, delete the key HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMainWindow_Placement and close regedit. Start up Internet Explorer, resize to the desired dimensions and the close it again. The Window_Placement key should be recreated with the new dimensions.

Top Bottom