Computer help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Maybe in wrong area but after some computer help.
I have a works laptop, Microsoft stuff. I have a personal iPad 11 which I got to move all my personal stuff from works devices to my own device.
I emailed my CV from laptop to iPad and the format is all over. So I decided to rewrite. I was in the process of redoing my cv and speculative covering letter on the iPad and apply for the odd job when and employer replied saying they could not open attachments. I resent from laptop all ok.
I then copied files on iPad to google drive app on iPad and saved as Word. Opens all ok, looks ok but when I attach to an online application and open it, it’s full of lines after the sentences and formats a mess. If I open it on my laptop again it’s all ok.
How do I write documents, cv’s and letters on my iPad and send them so they look and open like they do in Microsoft ?
I am useless with computers

You can save the document as a PDF after writing it in Microsoft Word? This should preserve the formatting and make it non editable when sending it prospective employers which comes across as more professional.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

You can save the document as a PDF after writing it in Microsoft Word? This should preserve the formatting and make it non editable when sending it prospective employers which comes across as more professional.
I was trying to find a method that avoids using the laptop. It’s works property and was looking to use it less for personal stuff. At moment the PDF idea looks a good option. Thanks for that

I was trying to find a method that avoids using the laptop. It’s works property and was looking to use it less for personal stuff. At moment the PDF idea looks a good option. Thanks for that
If you have office 365, what I like to do is save it on one drive and then share the link to the file on one drive.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

If you have office 365, what I like to do is save it on one drive and then share the link to the file on one drive.
Can you get office 365 on iPad ? I have google drive is that same as one drive ? Really know nowt about computers. I have saved word doc to pdf on laptop and emailed it to iPad. It’s opens ok and looks much better than word so thanks for that :okay:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They don't always talk. We had a colleague that insisted using ipad and google (Uni policy was Office), was a right pain when he wanted us to 'fix it' in excel. He refused to use excel, so me, an accountant, and my colleage, a data analyist, told him to use industry standard or fark off. :crazy:

Can you get office 365 on iPad ? I have google drive is that same as one drive ? Really know nowt about computers. I have saved word doc to pdf on laptop and emailed it to iPad. It’s opens ok and looks much better than word so thanks for that :okay:
Yes, it’s called Microsoft office on the App Store.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They don't always talk. We had a colleague that insisted using ipad and google (Uni policy was Office), was a right pain when he wanted us to 'fix it' in excel. He refused to use excel, so me, an accountant, and my colleage, a data analyist, told him to use industry standard or fark off. :crazy:

he then bought himself a Surface Pro.... WTF.. we had good Lenovos...

Top Bottom